The 30th Anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be held on May 1, 2019, and to celebrate, the park will offer special entertainment, commemorative merchandise and more.
Check out some of the ways that the park will celebrate 30 years:
- A Star-Studded Celebration – Watch as the Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Star-Studden Celebration cavalcade parades down Hollywood Boulevard with Mickey and friends starting at 10 a.m.
- Commemorative maps and buttons – Guests entering the park can pick up a special 30th-anniversary commemorative guide map and button.
- Exclusive 30th Anniversary merchandise – Special 30th Anniversary merchandise will be available on May 1, including a new adult T-shirt, baseball cap, Tervis 24 oz. tumbler, MagicBand, ornament and more. Annual Passholders can also browse from exclusive items created just for them. Merchandise will be found in Grand Park starting at 8 a.m. while supplies last.
- Event-inspired food & beverage items – A variety of anniversary food & beverage items will be available throughout the park, including Kylo Ren Cupcakes, Incredible Macarons, Tres Leches Verrine, and more.
- The debut of “Wonderful World of Animation” – The park’s newest nighttime projection show will light up the night with its debut on May 1. The façade of the Chinese Theatre will transform into a dazzling tribute to animation. The show will feature themes of magic, family, adventure, romance, and friendship, and each theme will be brought to life through moments from films like “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Incredibles,” “Coco,” and more. The show will run at 9:05 p.m. ET, just before the “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show.
To make May 1 even more unforgettable, guests can purchase tickets for a special Disney After Hours Event Night at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 1. Attendees can enjoy little-to-no-wait for park favorites like The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror or Toy Story Land, as well as meet Disney characters throughout the park and enjoy a second performance of “Wonderful World of Animation.”
To learn more, visit DisneyWorld.com. Will you be there to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Let us know in the comments below!