Disney’s Swan and Dolphin will be hosting their Food & Wine Classic event on Nov. 10-11, 2023, from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., complete with unlimited food and beverage samplings and live entertainment.
While this will be the 14th year for this event, 2023 will be its biggest year yet with more than 25 food offerings and over 200 wine, beer, and spirit samples.
The booths will be located along the resort’s causeway, including the private lake and beach area. A variety of live music will also be playing while guests sip, eat, and stroll from classical to jazz, to pop, soul, classic rock, and more. There is something to eat, drink, and listen to for everyone.
Disney’s Swan and Dolphin is no stranger to creating unique and tasty food and beverage options as they have 23 restaurants and lounges, and continue to earn national recognition for their food and beverage program. Therefore, guests are in for a literal and metaphorical treat as they experience tastes from around the world at this event.
Food & Wine Classic New Additions for 2023
This year, the event is getting two new themed areas: The Rosé Room, which will make guests feel as if they’re at a garden party decorated with topiaries and roses, and the Love of Florida booth showcasing local cuisines and ingredients.
Some of the dishes guests can expect at Love of Florida are:
- Seminole Pumpkin Fry Bread with powdered sugar and warm pumpkin spice sauce;
- Grilled Florida Oysters with housemade kumquat hot sauce and shallot butter; and
- Butter Poached Bay Scallops with Florida corn puree, charred scallion vinaigrette, radish threads and shallot butter.
Another new addition this year is in honor of Veterans Day. The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin has partnered with Friends of Fisher House Orlando, a charitable organization providing free accommodations for military and veteran families while they are staying with a loved one who is receiving medical treatment. Friends of Fisher House Orlando will receive a charitable contribution from the event.
Food & Wine Classic Menus
The cuisines created for this event are from Disney’s Swan and Dolphin’s award-winning restaurants, festival-exclusive pop-ups, themed areas and more. There will be returning fan-favorite options and some new dishes as well.
Some of the new food options are:
- Red chile chicken taco with avocado, tomatillo, pico de gallo and queso fresco on corn tortillas from Rosa Mexicano;
- Smoked American Lamb: Hand crafted lamb, smoked cumin and harissa barbeque sauce, roasted black pepper and date puree and pickled mustard greens from Smokin’ D’s BBQ specialty area;
- Gorgonzola cheese filled agnolotti with spiced pear, walnuts, nasturtium and ‘Nduja vinaigrette from Il Mulino;
- Tonnarelli Pasta: House-made tonnarelli pasta, steamed baby clams, roasted tomato sauce, Calabrian chili and guanciale from Amare; and
- Congee: Slow-cooked rice porridge, shrimp dumpling, fried shallot, green onion, garlic, and crispy chili flakes from Chinatown specialty area.
New dessert items include:
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Ring Flambé with Kirschwasser chocolate sauce and caramelized sesame ice cream;
- Pear Pecan Praline Cake with black fig compote;
- Blood Orange and Raspberry Tart;
- Wild Strawberry Éclair; and
- 70% Single Origin Peruvian Chocolate Mousse with mango and passion fruit gel.
Returning favorites are:
- Roasted Linz heritage black angus beef tenderloin with potato puree, pearl onion, Dijon mustard and cognac sauce from Shula’s Steak House;
- Signature classic guacamole en molcajete with fresh tortilla chips and roasted tomato salsa from Rosa Mexicano;
- Crispy cauliflower with sweet and spicy Thai chili sauce shoyu from the Beer Garden
- Dragon roll: Crispy shrimp, yellowfin tuna, Haas avocado and kewpie mayonnaise from Kimonos; and
- Baked ricotta cheese, carrot two ways, radish, tomato, and pine nut “gremolata” from Il Mulino.
Interactive seminars and VIP Experiences
Interactive seminars taught by members of the resort’s award-winning food and beverage team for this year are: Craft Cocktails, Wine Blending, Pasta Making, It’s Better to Wine in Italian (Italian Wines), Base to Bubbles (Champagne), and Beer, Please!
The two VIP experiences being offered are The Grand Tasting and a VIP Dessert & Champagne Party.
The Grand Tasting VIP experience will allow guests to be go on a journey of elite wines curated by Master Sommelier John Blazon, which will be paired with a custom chef’s table menu from the resort’s Executive Chef Dan Herman. This experience will be on Nov. 11, 2023, and will kick off with a welcome reception at 2 p.m.
The Dessert & Champagne Party will take place on Nov. 11 from 8:30 to 10 p.m. Guests who purchase a ticket for this experience will be able to view fireworks from the Swan Reserve’s 15th floor private event space with floor-to-ceiling views of Walt Disney World. This magical experience includes indulging on champagnes and sparkling wines picked by certified sommeliers paired with desserts created by the resort’s pastry team.
The classes and VIP experiences require a separate ticket and space is limited.
Food & Wine Classic Tickets
The above experiences, as well as the tickets for the main event, can all be purchased at FoodandWineClassic.com. Tickets for the main event, which include food and beverage, are $185. Other experiences vary in price.
For more about Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Hotel, located next to Disney’s Boardwalk between Epcot and Hollywood Studios, visit www.swandolphin.com.
And if you’re heading to Epcot soon to enjoy their International Food & Wine Festival, make sure to check out our ultimate guide for this year’s festival.