Dole Food Company is celebrating Disney heroines while educating families about the benefits of a diet rich in fruits and vegetables through new Disney Princess-themed activities and Princess-specific vegetarian recipes inspired by the characters’ trademark themes of courage and kindness.
The Disney Princess activities are part of “A Recipe for Courage and Kindness,” Dole’s ongoing total-wellness contribution to Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration global event. Through the Dole “What Disney Princess are You?” interactive quiz, Disney fans can determine which princess they’re most like by answering ten questions about their favorite foods, pastimes, passions, and ways of showing kindness.
Families can also create a 16-page peel and play sticker book to collect and display the 47 Dole banana stickers featuring the 12 Disney Princesses and their famous sidekicks, from Disney’s original princess, Snow White, to modern princesses like Moana. Each character-specific page features spaces for that princesses’ sticker set, an image to be colored-in, and an accompanying original recipe created by Dole.
The company has released the next seven of its 20 original recipes, created by Melanie Marcus, MA, RD, Dole nutrition and health communications manager, and inspired by a Disney Princess. The new healthy recipes highlighting fruits and vegetables honor Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Rapunzel, and Cinderella. They join dishes released in May and June inspired by Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Merida, Ariel, and Moana.
The final four recipes inspired by Belle and Tiana will be unveiled on July 14, 2021 (Bastille Day — the National Day of France) and on July 16, 2021 (National Chef Day), respectively.
New Dole Disney Princess Recipes:
- Cinderella: Bippity Boppity Banana Bites – Golden angel food cake topped with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and grilled cherries
- Jasmine: Magic Carpet Lemon Curd Cups –Lemon curd cupcakes with raspberries, pineapple, and a light coconut whipped topping; Agrabah Spiced Pineapple Jam made from pineapple, cinnamon, and other spices
- Pocahontas: Blue Corn Moon Plantain Fritters –Lightly fried fritters made with plantains, avocado, red onion, corn, and red bell pepper
- Mulan: Warrior Princess Pasta Salad – Brown rice noodles mixed with broccoli, carrots, green onions, baby corn, and snow peas; Dragon-Fired Sesame Tofu Bowls – Roasted tofu scrambled with quinoa, pineapple, avocado, green onion, and red bell pepper.
- Rapunzel: Golden Cheesecake Banana Bars – Light cheesecake bars made with bananas, graham crackers, and vegan cream cheese spread over a golden crust.
Continuing through Sept. 30, 2021, “A Recipe for Courage and Kindness” features four additional free downloads — a tea party placemat, create-your-own tea party menu, royalty certificate, and royal chef’s hat — that are sure to make any party fit for royalty, plus a dedicated social media campaign, blogger partnerships, and a virtual tea party and cooking class.
Shoppers will find the first set of 47 collectible Disney Princess sticker designs on Dole bananas at supermarkets throughout the U.S. and Canada. A second set will be released in August.
Click here for all the details.