FlyOver in Las Vegas, the strip’s new immersive flight ride from leading hospitality company Pursuit, will officially begin boarding on Sept. 1, 2021.
The attraction will take guests on a multi-sensory journey as they soar over 22 of the American West’s most spectacular destinations, from the valleys of the Grand Canyon to the peaks of Oregon’s Cascade Volcanic Arc.
“We are thrilled to open Pursuit’s first FlyOver in the United States next month,” said FlyOver Attractions Vice President Lisa Adams. “The immersive nature of this experience is something The Strip has never seen before. You’ll be able to experience many of the world’s most incredible locales without leaving Las Vegas Boulevard.”
A six-minute panoramic pre-show experience created by Moment Factory will be projected across 360-degree wrap-around walls and a central hanging medallion, setting the stage for the adventure ahead. The ride’s film, “The Real Wild West,” developed by some of the most imaginative minds in the entertainment and theme park industries — led by Creative Director and former Disney Imagineer Rick Rothschild — will be projected in 8K high definition on a 52.5-foot spherical screen.
The attractions uses a state-of-the-art moving platform with six degrees of motion as well as wind, mist, and location-specific scents to heighten the immersive flight as guests in flight motion seats are suspended above some of the most picturesque locations in the western United States.
Some of the landmarks in FlyOver Las Vegas include:
- A solar eclipse over a volcanic peak in Oregon’s Cascade Volcanic Arc
- 65-foot surf waves at Lost Coast in California
- Winter beauty in Yellowstone National Park
- Water skiing in winter snow at Cascade Lake
- A Hualapai traditional “Bird Dance” in the Grand Canyon
- A speed demon Streamliner soaring over Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah
- Two Navajo horseback riders traversing Monument Valley, Ariz.
- Western movie set in Goldfield Ghost Town, Ariz.
- Fly fishing in the woods outside of Telluride, Colo.
- The vantage point of a wingsuiter as they descend Washington’s Stehekin Mountain
Located next to the Hard Rock Cafe on Las Vegas Boulevard, FlyOver in Las Vegas will open with two flight ride experiences — The Real Wild West and Iceland — along with a full-service bar serving craft cocktails and bites. The experience will be open daily, with tickets starting at $24 for children (ages 12 and under) and $34 for adults. Children must be at least 40 inches tall to ride.
Click here for more information.