Full event details revealed for Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld Orlando
Halloween season has begun in Orlando, and haunt fans are in for a treat as SeaWorld Orlando has revealed its full lineup for the park’s inaugural Howl-O-Scream event.
Taking place on select nights from Friday, Sept. 10 through Sunday, Oct. 31 from 7 p.m. to as late as 2 a.m., this year’s Howl-O-Scream will offer four haunted houses, four scare zones, four themed bar experiences, three roaming haunts, two stage shows, plus rides in the dark!
- Water’s Edge Inn – This inn sure doesn’t look like the pictures in the review. From the moment you arrive, you can feel that something is terribly wrong. Every crumbling hallway and decaying room is crawling with restless souls. Maybe those wild stories about this place’s sea-crazed owner and his search for the sirens were true all along. Having second thoughts about checking in? Don’t worry, the staff will be right with you…everywhere you turn.
- Captain’s Revenge – A tempting and terrifying force has possessed those who once labored aboard this vessel. Against every warning, you descend into its dank underbelly in search of the captain who swore revenge on you. What grisly horror lurks around the next dimly lit corner? Creaks and groans fill the musty air. You’re surrounded by what remains of the ill-fated crew. it’s time to find a way out… before they find permanent quarters for you.
- Beneath the Ice – In the icy wilderness above the Arctic Circle, a research facility was lost…buried under snow and cut off from the outside world. Something compelled you to join the rescue party, but doubt is creeping in. Was that laughter, or the wind? That shiver you feel isn’t just from the cold. These chambers aren’t just frozen tombs. They’re pulsing with unspeakable horrors, and you’ll have to stay frosty and alert to survive.
- Dead Vines – Something is stirring among the trees. A shiver runs down your spine as you creep forward, one timid step at a time. Is this jungle alive…or undead? There’s an ominous force at work here, a merciless mistress of ivy and evil. She’s poisoned these woods with an all-consuming appetite for visitors like you. Keep moving and find a way out before it’s too late. You don’t want to end up dead on the vine.
- Deadly Ambush – The year is 1961. You’ve wandered into a quaint campground, nestled in nature. It might sound like a dream, but a new nightmare has just begun here. What’s happened to the campers? Creatures are emerging from the darkness. There’s nowhere to hide, and no park ranger to rescue you. Get back to civilization now, before it’s too late.
- Sea of Souls – This is it… the site of that horrifying shipwreck. Those marauding pirates were too arrogant to see their downfall coming, and now they’re doomed to wander through a sea of gruesome reminders. Their souls are restless, and their anger is real. They’ll never stop seeking revenge on those who’ve escaped their ghostly fate. Steer clear — if you can.
- Frozen Terror – You might think you’re a safe distance from the snow-entombed research facility, but you’re not free from the frozen horrors. This inhospitable Arctic wasteland is swarming with icy, subhuman walkers. They may have pickaxes and shovels, but they’re not here to help dig for survivors. They’re here to turn you into one of them.
- Witchcraft Bayou – The cult is growing, and the lure is powerful. It’s hazardous to pass through this backwater bayou, but there’s no way around. Voodoo and witchcraft aren’t real, right? Tell that to the zealous worshippers trying to shackle you with their spells. They won’t rest until your soul belongs to her too. Stay alert, or the dark magic will drag you down.
Themed Bar Experiences
- Sirens’ Last Call – Creatures of the shadows need a place to play too. Could it be this rusted-out underground warehouse? Glance around and do your best to blend in. The regulars here are followers of the siren, and they know how to spot an outsider. Be sure to pay homage to her by trying the bar’s signature drink, “The Siren’s Kiss.”
- Longshoremen Tavern – When pirates pull into port, this be the tavern where they warm their bellies with rum. Take a break from the monsters and squalls, plant your weary hides, and join the merriment. In here, you might discover that an old SeaWorld treasure has been (partially) resurrected. They’re the Longshoremen, and they’ve been dying to entertain you again.
- Tormented – This is one place where a cold frosty one is a good thing. Take refuge from the wintry terrors of the Arctic hellscape outside and do a little refueling here. If you’re feeling mischievous, you can even join in and frighten your fellow expeditioners while they’re braving the horrors beneath the ice. How’s that for refreshing?
- Poison Grotto – What’s your poison? Unwind with a refreshing concoction and explore the enticing atmosphere of this unearthly lounge. It’s a fleeting escape from the deadly vines and savage servants nearby. Just be sure to keep your eyes open and pay proper respect to the one who invited you in. You’re her guest here, and she’s always watching.
- The Sirens – These sirens don’t need to lure you with song. They bring terror to you.
- The Creatures – Even the trees and plants are after you. Good luck camouflaging your fear.
- The Minions – Evil craves worship. Don’t fall under the spell of these sinister occult zealots.
- Sirens’ Song – Who’s behind all these ominous occurrences? Here’s your chance to find out…if you have the courage to face her, and the ones she’s summoned to help her carry out the carnage. Prepare for special effects, hypnotic dancing, and spine-chilling savagery in this outdoor spectacle. This is the story of the sirens, and it’s not for the faint of heart.
- Monster Stomp – In the misty corners of Victorian-era London, a fiend known only as Jack the Ripper walks the streets. Watch him take the stage in a way you’ve never seen before in this modern rock and rhythm spectacular. Hold onto your seat as electrifying percussion, dancing, and singing combine for a show that’s as darkly entertaining as it is exhilarating.
As a special surprise for Friday the 13th, for 24 hours only, fans can purchase four Howl-O-Scream single-night tickets for $99, only $24.75 each (up to 75% savings). Guests must purchase at least four tickets to get the discount, which applies to additional tickets if purchased in the same order. Tickets can be used on any event night from Sept. 10 – Oct. 31. But act quick if you’re interested — the deal expires at 11:59 p.m. tonight, Friday, Aug. 13.
To learn more about SeaWorld Orlando’s first-ever Howl-O-Scream, visit HowlOScream.com/Orlando.