About 2,500 people attended the first Gay Days Anaheim in 1998, but now the mix-in event attracts more than 30,000 guests to the Disneyland Resort. This year’s Gay Day Anaheim is taking place Sept. 17-19, 2021, with a jam-packed schedule that includes screenings, lectures, and discussions with stars including Jake Borelli (Levi on “Grey’s Anatomy”) and Broadway legends Audra McDonald, and Chita Rivera.
The event’s welcome center in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa offers attendees the opportunity to buy their official red Gay Days Anaheim 2021 t-shirt, limited edition pin, and tickets to the Gay Days Anaheim parties and shows (proof of vaccination and facemasks are required for shows). Plus, they can meet the event’s sponsors and pick up some free swag – and let’s face it, everybody loves swag.
While the event takes place at Disneyland and it’s not an official park event, there are several Disney sponsors, including Adventures By Disney, Aulani, Disney Vacation Club, and D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, which is offering a D23 membership discount code and a fun photo opp.
Following are the remaining Gay Days Anaheim events this weekend:
Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021:
- 7 p.m – The Mis-Match Game Live at the Grand Californian: Host Dennis Hensley brings saucy game show insanity and celebrity-skewering brilliance to Gay Days featuring special Disney-themed questions and a panel of some of L.A.’s most twisted comedic minds. Scheduled to appear are Danny Casillas (Reba Areba), Chris Pudlo (Pee-wee Herman), Daniele Gaither (Wendy Williams), Dante (Jack Nicholson), Rebekah Kochan (Paris Hilton), Felix Pire (Ricardo Montalban), and Maile Flanagan (Danny Bonaduce).
- 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. – Jackie Cox in “JackieVision” at House of Blues Anaheim: The night starts with two showings of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” Season 12 favorite, Jackie Cox, and her fabulous one-woman show, “JackieVision!” Then at 10:00 p.m, Jackie will cede the floor to DJ Kimberly S. Guests can come for Jackie, for dancing, or both (9:00 p.m. show is reserved for VIP Gold and VIP Silver ticket holders only).
- 10 p.m. – “Home Economics” screening at the Grand Californian: Free screening of an episode “Home Economics,” a sitcom from ABC TV about the relationship between three adult siblings: one in the 1%, one middle-class, and one barely holding on.
Sunday, Sept. 19, 2021:
- 8 a.m.-6 p.m. – Gay Day at Disney’s California Adventure
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. – Gay Days Welcome Center at the Grand Californian
- 11 a.m. – Grizzly River Run in California Adventure: Meet in front of the giant bear statue for a ride down the rapids.
- Noon–4 p.m.– Plunge! at the Anaheim Majestic Gardens Hotel: The Gay Days Anaheim pool party with DJ Zach Moos
- 2 p.m. – Photo meet up at Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff on Pixar Pier in California Adventure
- 2:30 p.m. – Ladies Ice Cream Social at Clarabelle’s in California Adventure
- 4 p.m. – Mickey’s Philharmagic in California Adventure
- 4 p.m. – Game Party: You Don’t Know My Life! at the Grand Californian: Make new friends, learn new things about existing friends, and laugh your mouse ears off playing You Don’t Know My Life!, the get-to-know-ya party game that’s been described as “if Cards Against Humanity and your diary got drunk together and had a baby.” Facilitated by the game’s co-creator Dennis Hensley.
- 6 p.m. – Nina West in “The Wonderful World of Nina!” at the Grand Californian: Straight from the Disney+ Pride special, “This is Me,” Nina West is returning to Gay Days in her own kaleidoscopic show, “The Wonderful World of Nina!”
- 8 p.m. – Jan Sport in “Jantasia!” at the Grand Californian: Fresh from “Ru Paul’s Drag Race All-Stars,” Jan is bringing her one-woman show to Gay Days.
- 8 p.m. – Gay at the Grand in the Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian
Click here for more information.