The country’s largest gathering for man’s best friend, Celebrate Dogs, is returning to Orlando Dec. 14 and 15.
The two-day event, presented by the American Kennel Club and Eukanuba, is open Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and boasts an array of showcases and highlights for dog lovers young and old, including:
• AKC Meet the Breeds – AKC Meet the Breeds offers attendees the chance to meet and play with more than 140 different dog breeds, all while learning about responsible pet ownership and what breed is right for their lifestyle straight from the experts. This educational AKC event is only held twice a year: in September in New York City and in Orlando this December.
• Dock Dogs – These canine athletes will demonstrate their dock diving skills.
• Holiday shopping – Attendees can browse hundreds of different doggie boutiques to pick out gifts for the whole family. Show off your breed loyalty with a breed-specific shirt, pick up a new dog bed for the family Beagle, or choose from hand-crafted pet-oriented jewelry.
Most notably, Celebrate Dogs is home to the 13th Championship, where thousands of the world’s top canine competitors from across the country and around the globe will vie for Best in Show honors, the title of National Champion and a total of $225,000 in prize money. A lineup of special competitions will keep spectators busy all weekend:
• AKC Agility Invitational – Observe canine athletes race against the clock over challenging obstacles.
• Inaugural AKC Obedience Classic – See dogs put their best paw forward.
• Junior Competition – Watch youngsters and their dogs compete in their own age divisions in obedience Annual AKC/Eukanuba National.
• Eukanuba World Challenge – See at a truly global showcase as top dogs from more than 40 countries compete.
To learn more and view a full schedule of events, visit celebratedogsorlando.com.