Hong Kong Disneyland Park has announced that it will welcome guests back on Feb. 19, 2021, with enhanced health and safety measures to ensure a carefree and magical experience.
Disney cast members will welcome guests to the park once again, including visiting the reimagined Castle of Magical Dreams, which is said to shine as a beacon of courage, hope, and possibility.
Under the latest regulations and guidance from government and health authorities, the resort will maintain health and safety measures, including temperature screening, face masks, social distancing, and increased cleaning and sanitization. The park will also be implementing mandatory COVID-19 testing for cast members every 14 days as an additional step to promote the health and safety of all guests and cast members.
“I could not be more thrilled to announce that our park will be reopened on Feb. 19, to welcome guests to experience the magic of our 15th anniversary and our new Castle of Magical Dreams,” said Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Managing Director Michael Moriarty. “From everyone at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, we wish you good health, happiness, and prosperity in the year of the Ox.”
All visiting guests will be required to provide their names and contact numbers on the Hong Kong Disneyland Park Reservation website before arrival. Park visitors are required to scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code or register their names, contact numbers, and date and time of visit before entering the park. “LeaveHomeSafe” QR codes will also be displayed across the resort, including the park entrance, restaurants, and hotel recreation facilities.
When Hong Kong Disneyland reopens, guests must:
- Purchase tickets in advance and reserve a visit up to seven days before their visit online via the Hong Kong Disneyland reservation website. Magic Access members must also make a reservation before visiting but can enjoy the benefit of reserving eight to nine days, subject to different membership tiers, in advance.
- Make a health declaration and provide their name and contact number as part of the Hong Kong Disneyland park reservation process.
- Undergo temperature screening procedures upon arrival. Guests with a temperature of 37.5 °C or above cannot be admitted.
- Wear a mask at all times during their visit, except when enjoying food and beverage at catering premises. These measures will continue to be reviewed as the situation evolves and will be adjusted as necessary.
- As required by the government and health authorities, park visitors must scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code or register their names and contact numbers before entering the premises.
A five-day per week operation will remain in place, with the park closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except public holidays and special days designated by the resort) until further notice. The park will also control capacity as required by the government regulations. Park operations and processes will continue to be adjusted as necessary to take into account the latest government regulations.
Reservations for all guests will begin from 10 a.m. on Feb. 18, 2021. Click here for more information.