“Once every century, on precisely the thirteenth year, evil comes out to play.” Howl-O-Scream returns this fall for 14 select nights at Busch Gardens Tampa.
Busch Gardens will be overgrown with dark, sinister, adult-targeted fun, including new haunted houses, scare zones, a live stage show and more. Even the streets themselves aren’t safe with all-new scare zones led by the 13 evils that have been waiting a century to come out and play. It will leave you begging for mercy… and screaming for more.
From the depths of a basement to the eerie bogs of the Bayou, Howl-O-Scream 2013’s new haunted houses are designed to prey on every element of your deepest fears:
· NEW! The BASEMENT — From Momma’s secret ingredient to Granny’s bone-ground flour, Momma’s Meats’ award-winning recipe has always been a family affair that’s only created in the basement. Escape the depths of the basement before she and The Butcher turn you in to the secret sauce. She always said it took blood, sweat and tears.
· NEW! Death Water Bayou — Deep in the bayou the Voodoo Queen mystically transforms lost wanderers into her minions of evil with black magic. Here, her night servants roam with a zombie-like hunger and seek to grow her collection. The darkest evils lurk in shadows. Get out before you fall victim to her spell.
· NEW! The Experiment — Researchers challenge your fear tolerance and mental endurance in this never-been-done-before Experiment. In this exclusive study, “test subjects” endure psychological tests and must face top fear-inducing elements, from roaches and snakes to needles and darkness. How far is too far in the study of fear? Will you survive The Experiment?
The Experiment is a unique, interactive experience that challenges your threshold for fear for an additional fee. Reservations are required, and each reservation can accommodate you and up to three additional “test subjects.” Howl-O-Scream admission is required, but not included. The Experiment admission is $50 for the first test subject and $10 for each additional test subject in the same reservation.
· Circus of Superstition 3-D — You’ve tried to avoid black cats and sidewalk cracks, but all those years of bad luck caught up with you! The Clown challenges you to survive 13 superstitions in their 3D Tent of Terror, but it will take more than luck to escape this whole new dimension of fear.
· Blood Asylum — As lightning rages and thunder crashes outside, “The Creature” escapes from his holding cell in a high-security asylum for the criminally insane. Now this sadistic deviant is running rampant, skinning his former cellmates and turning the mental hospital into his own torture chamber. This serial killer’s bloody playground will drive you out of your mind with fear.
· Zombie Mortuary — No one remembers how the epidemic started, but now, the Zombie and his undead friends live here. They infest this small town funeral home and feed on the fresh flesh and brains of mortuary mourners to satisfy their insatiable hunger. Avoid the walking dead or you may find yourself deeper than six feet under.
· Ultimate Gamble: Reversal of Fortune — Under sleek Vampire reign, the once-vibrant Ultimate Gamble casino glowed. Now werewolves have overthrown their mortal enemies and are running rampant in the casino. The carnivorous beasts have caught on to the scent of fresh blood inside the closed casino. Will you make it out alive before your luck runs out?
· Nevermore — Beating hearts, swinging pendulums and a raven’s cries haunt the manor of Lenore, creating a demented and twisted nightmare. Step inside to experience the gothic terror that maddens the lord of the house and feel delusion overcome reality. Find your way out of this horror story before paranoia authors your final chapter.
All-new scare zones will keep guests watching their backs as they explore 335 acres of fright:
· The 13 — Once every century, on precisely the 13th year, evil comes out to play. Thirteen evils, to be exact. The Surgeon, Butcher, Psychopath, Clown, Voodoo Queen and their demented friends will torment and terrorize you the moment you enter the gates. This your chance to find out: Who are the 13?
· Harvester’s Haunt — An unnerving soundtrack of banjos, fiddles and harmonicas fill the fields with haunting bluegrass music. Something just doesn’t feel right. You realize you’re not alone when you discover a hoard of sadistic scarecrows. They’re looking to harvest a few lost souls. Will you escape their reach or be theirs forever?
· Pain Lane — Torture, torment and pain line this sinister street as the Torturer and Hangman stalk their prey in the shadows of this dark and disturbing alley. Here, pain-inducing devices are the toys of the twisted and screams are surrounded by haunting silence. Will you escape this playground of pain before the Torturer and Hangman find you?
Opening weekend for Howl-O-Scream 2013 is Friday and Saturday, Sept. 27 and 28. The event then runs Thursday through Saturday nights, Oct. 3-5, 10-12, 17-19 and 24-26. Operating hours are 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. on all event nights.
General admission is $89 plus tax. Reduced advance-purchase rates and special offers are available for Busch Gardens pass members at HowlOScream.com. Guests can save $39 on general admission tickets in advance at participating Publix Supermarkets and AAA locations or with promotional codes found at participating Taco Bell, Applebee’s locations in Central Florida and on Fanta products in participating Walgreens.
Click Here to see our video playlist from past Howl-O-Scream events.