Leading up to the 20th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts in 2022, Square Enix and Disney have announced that 10 video game titles from the franchise will make their long-awaited debut on Nintendo Switch via cloud.
The streaming versions of the three Kingdom Hearts collections will be available for purchase individually or as an all-in-one “Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece for Cloud” collection.
“Kingdom Hearts” was first released in 2002 by Square Enix and led by game director Tetsuya Nomura, launching the long-running collaboration between Square Enix and Disney. Since then, over 35 million copies of the game have shipped worldwide.
The three standalone cloud releases include the following games:
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 1.5 ReMIX Cloud Version
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (HD Remastered Cinematics)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (HD Remastered Cinematics)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
- Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage
- Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (movie)
Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind (DLC) Cloud Version
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Re Mind DLC
In addition, Square Enix has also announced that a 20th anniversary event will be held next year, with more details to come. There will also be new anniversary merchandise released in 2022.