Brick Fest Live Lego fan festival visits West Palm Beach on May 20-21
South Florida Lego fans who can’t make it up to Winter Haven’s Legoland can experience Brick Fest Live when it makes its West Palm Beach debut on May 20 and 21.
The Palm Beach County Convention Center, located at 50 Okeechobee Drive in West Palm Beach, will welcome Lego-loving families on May 20 and 21, 2017, with tens of thousands of square feet of Lego entertainment. Brick Fest Live is the largest touring LEGO show in the United States, and features creations made entirely of toy bricks, challenge and build areas, and a large LEGO vendor market featuring sets, custom creations, and ultra-rare items.
Here’s a video preview of the Brick Fest Live event:
“Brick Fest Live! was created to increase awareness that science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) are all in play when it comes to LEGO and other construction toys,” says Brick Fest Live! founder Chad Collins. “At Brick Fest Live!, families build together to accomplish their goals and find creative solutions—all while inspiring the next generation of artists, engineers and leaders.”
Highlights of the event include:
● The Brick Show Experience: Meet popular YouTube Lego show hosts from The Brick Show and become a star by being featured in an upcoming video
● Brick Fest Derby: Build and race your custom built Lego derby car down one of the 35-foot long timed tracks.
● Collaborative Building Activities: Help build a Guinness World Record-setting mystery floor mosaic
● Inspiration Stations: Make an existing Lego city your own by adding your own custom creations
● Video Game Arena: Challenge your family or make new friends in the Brick Fest Gaming Arena
● Brick Fest Theater Trivia & Entertainment: Participate in Lego trivia
● Mosaics: Using a colorful variety of 1×1 LEGO bricks, build a piece of art to display for other attendees
● Shopping: Find new, vintage, rare, and custom LEGO sets and merchandise from one of the many merchants in attendance.
Brick Fest Live will be held May 20 and 21 at the Palm Beach County Convention Center. Tickets are available for 4-hour play sessions or all-day VIP passes, and are on sale now at brickfestlive.com.
All general admission sessions are priced at $24.50, and will be held on both Saturday, May 20, and Sunday, March 21, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and from 2 pm. to 6 p.m. VIP admission includes 1-hour early entrance with all day admission with re-entry, goodie bag, and exclusive VIP lanyard for $49.50; they are available on Saturday, May 20, and Sunday, March 21, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Note that this event was originally scheduled for November 2016 and postponed. Tickets purchased for the originally scheduled dates will be honored at the door for this rescheduled engagement.
In addition to West Palm Beach, Brick Fest Live is all scheduled to visit the following cities: Charlotte, NC (June 3 – 4, 2017), Buffalo, NY (June 24-25, 2017), Pittsburgh, PA (July 15-16, 2017) Kansas City, MO (July 8-9, 2017) Scottsdale, AZ (July 22-23, 2017) Austin, TX (July 29-3, 2017), Denver, CO (August 12-13, 2017), Portland, OR (August 19-20, 2017), Pasadena, CA (August 26-27, 2017), Las Vegas, NV (September 16-17, 2017), Sacramento, CA (September 23-24, 2017), Richmond, VA (October 7-8, 2017), Houston, TX (October 21-22, 2017), Baltimore, MD (November 3-4, 2017).
For more Lego fun, watch our video from January’s grand opening of Ninjago: The Ride at Legoland Florida: