Legoland Dubai and Riverland Dubai, the first two theme parks in the new Dubai Parks and Resorts destination, are now open to the public.
The grand opening of Dubai Parks and Resorts commenced on October 31, 2016, with the debut of the region’s first Legoland Dubai theme park and Riverland Dubai, the multi-themed dining and retail destination located at the heart of the complex.
Raed Kajoor Al Nuaimi, CEO of DXB Entertainments PJSC, the owner of Dubai Parks and Resorts said: “I’m immensely proud that today we start to welcome guests to ‘Experience Amazing’ at this incredible new destination. Riverland Dubai and Legoland Dubai will be unveiled for the very first time and offer unique experiences and entertainments that I genuinely believe will set the bar in this region. Nothing of this magnitude has ever been done before and after three years of hard work it is a great honour to start to show our guests what we have achieved. As the largest entertainment destination in the region, Dubai Parks and Resorts will support the UAE’s tourism vision and grow the family leisure industry in the region.”
Legoland Dubai is a world of year-round Lego-themed adventures for families with children aged 2-12. Legoland Dubai features over 40 interactive rides, shows, attractions, building experiences and 15,000 LEGO model structures made from over 60 million LEGO bricks. It is designed to provide a full day’s interactive, theme park experience.
LEGOLAND features six themed lands, each unique in their experience, entertainment and educational offering, including:
· LEGO CITY, where children can indulge in a range of playful learning opportunities including flying a plane at the LEGO City airport, steering a boat at the boating school, or earning a LEGOLAND driving license at the driving school.
· KINGDOMS, where knights and princesses can explore a medieval land and conquer the exhilarating Dragon Coaster, which takes you on a journey through the King’s castle full of vibrant LEGO models depicting the era.
· IMAGINATION, the area for every LEGO fan to spending hours playing, racing LEGO cars or taking advantage of the Master Builder Academy. Toddlers and small children will enjoy Duplo Valley while all will enjoy the Kid Power Towers to get a great view of the entire park before a gentle “free-fall” ride to the bottom.
· ADVENTURE, for young explorers seeking thrilling antics while enjoying a captivating Submarine Adventure, Wave Racers that power through waves and dodge water blasts as well as an exciting escapade through ancient temple ruins to recover a pharaoh’s stolen treasure.
· MINILAND, the heart of all Legoland Parks, is made up of over 20 million LEGO bricks featuring Dubai’s iconic skyline and key landmarks from around the Middle East and international destinations. The Miniland at Legoland Dubai will be the first ever indoor air-conditioned Miniland at a Legoland park and will also include Build a City where guests can find a 10 meter play table with white LEGO bricks enabling them to create an ever changing city skyline.
“We’re pleased to be able to bring the much-loved Legoland brand to Dubai, the first in the region, following the success of Legoland Parks in Europe, the US and Asia. Dubai is a key holiday market, and we expect this new park to appeal to both domestic and international visitors,” stated John Jakobsen, Chief New Openings Officer, Merlin Entertainments.
Legoland Dubai will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission prices start at AED 295 for adults and 250 for kids.
Riverland Dubai will connect the three theme parks and water park at Dubai Parks and Resorts, and will be open to everyone with or without a ticket to the adjoining parks, which means it will be experienced by every visitor to the destination. It will feature a wide range of restaurants and retail shops, coupled with planned street theatre and entertainment.
Guests will now be able enjoy lunch or dinner on the banks of the river in one of the four uniquely theme zones that bring to life different eras of the past. Each zone has been designed to take guests on a visual experience through the ages from a medieval French village, featuring outdoor Mediterranean style dining and iconic landscapes, to the heady days of 1950’s America in Boardwalk, home to a range of casual dining options. India Gate, flanked by an impressive hands sculpture, will showcase the very best of 1930s India with its vibrant tastes, architecture and colours while Peninsula, which takes its architectural inspiration from the 19th century, will allow visitors to sit by the meandering river and enjoy casual dining options as well as live concerts and festivals.
From burgers to burritos, seafood to smoothies and steak to stir-fry, Riverland Dubai offers everything from casual to fine dining alongside a retail portfolio of gifts, gadgets and essentials for a day in the parks. McDonald’s, Starbucks, The Bagel Bar Coffee House, Leopolds of London, Haru, WokChi, Ella’s Creamery, 800 Degrees Pizza, Fuzziwigs and Galitos are the outlets that will be ready to welcome guests starting 31st October, while the remaining dining and retail shops will open gradually week by week.
Riverland Dubai will also offer four unique event spaces including small boutique outdoor locations and a large indoor multipurpose venue perfect for celebrations, parties and meetings.
Riverland Dubai will open from Sunday to Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., and from 10 a.m. to midnight on Thursday through Saturday.
Dubai Parks and Resorts will also feature Motiongate Dubai, a theme park showcasing Hollywood characters from DreamWorks Animation, Sony Pictures Studios and Lionsgate, as well Bollywood Parks Dubai, a first-of-its-kind theme park that will showcase rides and attraction based on some of Bollywood’s biggest blockbusters, in addition to the region’s first Legoland Park and a Legoland Water Park. Guests can stay at the Lapita Hotel, a Polynesian themed family hotel part of the Marriott Autograph Collection. Expected to open in late 2019, Six Flags Dubai will be destination’s fourth theme park and the region’s first Six Flags theme park.
Bollywood Parks Dubai, Legoland Water Park and the Lapita Hotel will open on November 15, followed by Motiongate Dubai on December 16. For more about Motiongate Dubai, watch this preview video: