Marvel is joining the show floor at this year’s D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif. From July 14-16, guests to the Expo will get a look at upcoming film titles, props and costumes, and more.
Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” is one of the upcoming films being represented at this year’s D23. In the film, Thor is taken prisoner on the other side of the universe without his hammer, and must get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his home and the end of his civilization, brought on by a new and ruthless threat, Hela.
Fans will get a chance to experience an up-close look at costumes and props from “Thor: Ragnarok,” as well as exclusive photo opportunities with set pieces from the film.
Costumes from “Black Panther” will also be on display, from the film that follows T’Challa after the ending of “Captain America: Civil War.” In the film, T’Challa returns to his nation of Wakanda in Africa to serve as its leader.
Along with all of the prop and costume displays, Marvel Studios will also host giveaways and events inside their pavilion in Hall B at the Anaheim Convention Center. Fans can meet talent from Marvel Studios, as well as development teams and filmmakers. Details on those appearances and special signings will be available to view on the D23 Expo app.
Marvel Studios will also be bringing a new first to D23 Expo, as guests will be able to play the newest mobile and console games featuring Marvel Super Heroes like the Avengers, Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Games that will be featured include:
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 – the sequel to its predecessor Lego Marvel Super Heroes, this game brings Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different realities and eras together with classic Lego humor.
- Marvel: Future Fight – this game features 120 Marvel Super Heroes to choose from, as players create their ultimate teams to fight and save the universe.
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite – universes clash in combat with your Favorite Marvel and Capcom players as they battle it out player-versus-player. This game is set to release on Sept. 9, 2017 for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.
- Marvel Puzzle Quest – puzzle games and Marvel characters collide in this challenging puzzle RPG. Players can learn more about the game at marvelpuzzlequest.com.
- Marvel Heroes Omega – this game is a mashup of MMOs and Action-RPGs with heroes from the Marvel Universe. This game is updated regularly with new challenges, rewards and prizes, offering great replay value.
Marvel Studios will also be presenting two panels at D23 Expo, with fan-favorite Cup o’ Joe on Friday, July 14, and Marvel Animation later that same day. Cup o’ Joe is hosted by Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer, Joe Quesada, as he leads a panel on everything Marvel. Later that same day, Marvel Animation will host a panel full of sneak peeks, exclusive footage, special guests and announcements for the future. Details will be accessible through the D23 Expo app.
Tickets for the D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for a one-day adult admission, and $59 for children ages 2-9. D23: The Official Disney Fan Club members can purchase tickets for $72 for adults, and $53 for children. Multi-day tickets are also available for purchase. For more information on D23 Expo 2017 and to purchase tickets, visit D23Expo.com.