Meow Wolf, the Santa Fe-based arts and entertainment company, has announced the opening date for its second permanent installation, Omega Mart!
The experience will open at Las Vegas’ Area15 art and entertainment district on Thursday, Feb. 18. More than 325 creatives have been involved with over 250 projects inside the exhibition, which will feature four themed areas and 60 additional environments – including installation-filled rooms, terrains, and portals to other worlds.
“We’re thrilled to launch our exhibition in Las Vegas next month,” said Corvas Brinkerhoff, co-founder of Meow Wolf and executive creative director of Meow Wolf Las Vegas. “We’ve been working tirelessly to complete the project and can’t wait to introduce audiences to an entirely new mode of storytelling that is truly unlike anything they’ve ever seen before.”
Omega Mart is “America’s Most Exceptional Grocery Store” and Meow Wolf’s most ambitious project to date. Inside, guests will be able to experience more than 100 custom items like Impact Corn, Caltucky Freedom Glaze, and Americanized Beef. Musical and visual artists like Amon Tobin, Shrine, and Android Jones are among the 50+ collaborators working on this experience.
Safety protocols will be in place to protect employees and guests, including:
- Limited capacity: Omega Mart will operate at 25% capacity and tickets are available exclusively online.
- Face Masks: The State of Nevada requires all residents and visitors to wear a face covering.
- Temperature Checks: Non-invasive thermal cameras are used at the point of entry for Area15. Anyone who has a temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and their entire group will not be allowed entry.
- Social Distancing: All guests will need to keep a minimum of 6 feet away from other groups and employees during their visit.
- Cleaning & HVAC: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces. Omega Mart MERV8 and MERV13 air filter replacement frequency has been increased and fresh air exchange has been maximized.
In addition to the above protocols, Omega Mart will undergo rigorous sanitization every day in preparation for guests, and employees will undergo a health questionnaire, receive daily temperature checks and COVID-19 safety and sanitization training. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at guest and employee entrances and throughout the exhibition. There will also be non-latex gloves for employee and guest use.
Starting on Feb. 18, Omega Mart will be open from 3-9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 3 p.m. – 12 a.m. on Fridays. Weekend hours are 10 a.m. – 12 a.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Sundays; hours are subject to change.
Tickets are available for pre-purchase for $45 for General Admission ($40 children/seniors/military) and $35 for Nevada residents ($30 children/seniors/military). Attendees will be required to pre-book a time slot for their visit. You can purchase yours now at OmegaMart.com.