Discover secret passageways and magical portals as arts and entertainment company Meow Wolf announces the reopening of their interactive, multidimensional mystery experience, House of Eternal Return.
Enhanced safety measures have been put in place to make Meow Wolf’s immersive House of Eternal Return in Santa Fe, N.M., a COVID-safe experience in the lead-up to its grand re-opening, which took place on March 24.
The “interdimensional time travel” walk-through centers around more than 70 heavily-detailed rooms inside a Victorian manor, which features secret passages, magical portals, and mesmerizing “explorable art,” all set to a compelling narrative. Clues are scattered throughout the house as guests work toward solving the mystery of the missing Selig family. The attraction is interactive fun designed for all ages.
In accordance with New Mexico’s recent public health order, the exhibition has implemented the following health and safety changes:
- Limited capacity to aid with physically-distanced traffic flow
- Redesigned “touch” experiences, including digital access to in-exhibition content
- Physical newspapers or books providing clues have been replaced with content accessed on visitors’ mobile phones
- Portals that formerly required physical touch have been transformed into photo spots
- Face masks covering nose and mouth, temperature checks, and social distancing are required for all guests
- Ventilation upgrades have been added to increase outside airflow and enhance indoor air circulation, with upgraded HVAC system and UV lights that assist in cleaning the air
- Employees will be tested weekly for COVID-19, and will receive daily temperature checks
- Rigorous sanitation takes place within the exhibit daily, and hand sanitizer is available to guests and employees at entrances and contact areas
The 2017 THEA Award winning exhibition, which celebrates its fiftth anniversary this month, also includes new installations by guest artists such as Corinne Loperfido, Paolo Puck, and Obsidiopolis. Long-time fans should watch for additional surprises, too.
Last month, Meow Wolf re-opened its second permanent exhibition, Omega Mart, in Las Vegas, Nevada, also with enhanced safety measures. Visitors to “America’s Most Exceptional Grocery Store” can explore four themed areas and 60 unique environments in an ordinary supermarket, with hidden portals leading to extraordinary worlds.