As Disney Springs gears up for its phased reopening on March 20, select restaurants are beginning to share their own plans for when they open their doors once again.
Morimoto Asia, Morimoto Asia Street Food, Pizza Ponte, and Vivoli il Gelato, all operated by Patina Restaurant Group, will implement a new program called “Dine Safe: Commitment to Care” when they resume operations on May 22.
The new program is a set of reegineered operating procedures that help minimize contact risk and boost hygiene protocol that meet or exceed the guidelines recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
“These heightened sanitation standards will help us manufacture a dining environment that keeps our guests and our team members as safe as possible,” said Kyle Collins, director of Marketing for Patina in Florida. “The health, wellbeing, and peace of mind of our guests, team members, and the community remain our highest priorities.”
The key aspects of the Dine Safe program are:
The Dining Room and Guest Experience
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times except when eating and drinking
- Ensuring current social distancing procedures are upheld through the redesign of table layouts for seating guests, as directed by local and state regulators and in compliance with the CDC
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, including hourly disinfecting as needed for all high-touch surfaces
- Multiple hand-sanitizing stations strategically placed throughout the restaurants
- Controlled access to the restaurants to monitor incoming and outgoing guests and employees through clearly marked entrances and exits
- Using single-use menus to limit contact
Team Member Safety Measures
- Undergo a health check when they report to work
- Sanitize their hands when they report to work and are required to wash and sanitize their hands every 20 minutes throughout the shift
- Wear masks while on duty
- Undergo a comprehensive “Dine Safe” training program
Once reopened, the restaurants mentioned above will operate during these tentative hours that are subject to change:
- Morimoto Asia (Main dining room dinner service) – Open from 4:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Morimoto Asia Street Food (Outdoor dining lunch & dinner service) – Open from 11:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Pizza Ponte (Indoor/outdoor dining lunch & dinner service) – Open from 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Vivoli il Gelato – Open form 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
“We look forward to welcoming our guests back very soon and are dedicated to continuing to deliver an unparalleled dining experience,” said Collins.
Other restaurants at Disney Springs operated by Patina Restaurant Group, including Maria & Enzo’s, Enzo’s Hideaway, and The Edison will resume operations soon.