New details for Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse; tickets now on sale
Disney has revealed new details for Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse, which will take place Nov. 16-18 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World. Tickets are now available for Mouseketeer VIP level, as well as Gold and Gold Family Member tickets.
Presenters and panelists for the event will include Voice Actor Bret Iwan, Legendary Disney Animator Mark Henn, Disney Legend Bill Farmer, Imagineers Jason Grandt, Alex Wright and Wyatt Winter, Animator John Pomeroy, and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline. More guests will be announced at a later date.
Some of the panels for this year’s Destination D will include:
- A Mouse in Shorts: Animating Mickey Through the Years – Join Disney animators and historians as they look back on the film history of Mickey Mouse that defined his career, and take a look behind-the-scenes of some of his most memorable roles.
- Catching Up with Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019, the first-ever ride-through Mickey Mouse attraction will push the limits of immersion for guests. Join members of the Walt Disney Imagineering team for a sneak peek of this upcoming attraction.
- Collecting Mickey, the True Original – Take a look back to learn more about the collectibles, toys and products that defined Mickey Mouse, and what this icon’s future has in store.
- Hidden Mickeys: Uncovering the Magic of Disney Storytelling – Disney historians will take guests on a journey of unusual and rarely seen Mickey projects, including a few that were never made.
- Weird Disney: The Early Mickey Years – The fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns this year with an all-new show, where the Walt Disney Archives reveals some of the wackiest Mickey moments, merchandise and more. This will be a deep dive into Mickey’s past, with a look at his most unique appearances, depictions and pop-culture influences during his success in the 1930s.
The weekend will also feature events like Mickey’s Animator Academy, where guests will learn to draw from Disney animator Mark Henn; and 4 Artists Paint 1 Mouse, where four Disney artists will take an “Adventure in Art” and interpret Mickey in their own individual style live on stage.
To close out the weekend, and celebrate Mickey’s birthday on the evening of Nov. 18, guests to Destination D can join in on the ultimate Mickey movie pajama party – including a visit by the mouse himself! Guests are encouraged to wear their favorite Mickey pajamas, grab a snack, and enjoy some of Mickey’s most iconic and rarest footage over the past 90 years.
All ticketed guests to Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse will receive access to the following D23-exclusive experiences:
- Guaranteed seating at all presentations and panels in the Fantasia Ballroom
- D23-exclusive Mickey’s Movie Night in honor of his 90th birthday on Sunday night
- Access to Destination D-exclusive Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop
- Access to the Mickey Mouse exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives
- A special gift created exclusively for the event
In addition, guests will be able to visit the Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop, the famous Walt Disney Imagineering store featuring a selection of exclusive merchandise along with limited edition pins, apparel and collectibles themed to the event.
For the first time ever, D23 will debut a Mickey Marketplace inside Disney’s Contemporary Convention Center, exclusively for Destination D attendees. Inside, multiple retailers will offer limited Mickey-branded items. Walt Disney Archives will also make a return with an exclusive exhibit celebrating Mickey Mouse.
For more information, and to purchase tickets to Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse, visit D23.com.