Ronald McDonald joined Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs and other special guests to break ground on the new, state-of-the-art “World’s Largest Entertainment McDonald’s”. It will be located right next to the current one on Sand Lake Road and International Drive.
“We’re so proud that the World’s Largest Entertainment McDonald’s is located on our famed International Drive – the perfect place to welcome guests from around the world, who will be dazzled by innovative technology, amazing games and entertainment, and of course, wonderful food,” said Mayor Jacobs.
The new building was designed jointly by McDonald’s Corporation and Florida-based architectural and engineering firm CPH.
The new “World’s Largest Entertainment McDonald’s” is slated to open in early February 2016 and will feature:
• Nearly 19,000 square feet of unique dining and entertainment experiences
• Create your own taste with exclusive chef prepared items in addition to McDonald’s regular menu
• Open kitchen design centered around wood-burning pizza oven
• Energy efficient design & technologies that reduce consumption throughout the restaurant
• Nostalgic details from the first iconic location, including fan-favorite Mac Tonight
“For nearly 40 years now this historic McDonalds has served well over 30 million customers,” said Gregg Oerther, owner/operator and CEO of Oerther Foods. “Rebuilding this location has been a dream of my father’s for many years. In partnership with McDonald’s, with perseverance, passion and commitment, we come together to represent the brand and move forward.”
Here’s a look at the current “World’s Largest Entertainment McDonald’s”. Once the new one is open, this one will be torn down.
See the ground breaking ceremony in our video below: