“Canine Extravaganza,” the country’s largest dog celebration is back in Orlando at the Orange County Convention Center this December to rejoice in all things dogs.
Presented by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and Royal Canin, a global dog food brand, on Dec. 16-17, this event runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and has plenty of events and thousands of dogs for the whole family to meet and enjoy:
- Guests can meet and play with hundreds of dog breeds at AKC Meet the Breeds, an interactive and educational showcase that helps families learn which breeds are best suited for their lifestyle.
- Returning this year is the North American Diving Dogs competition, where the canine athletes will show off their water diving skills.
- Watch demonstrations at the Eukanuba Demonstration Ring including AKC Scent Work, AKC Trick Dogs, nutritional talks and more.
- Families can enjoy the Fun Zone, presented by PetPartners, where kids can participate in an array of activities.
- Scouts and 4-H groups can participate in the AKC Patch program where they can have fun while learning about dog shows.
- Shop through a large collection of vendors at the Doggie Boutique mall and pick up the perfect gift for the pet or pet lover in your life in time for the holidays.
Canine Extravaganza is also the host of the 2017 AKC National Championship presented by Royal Canin, where the nation’s top dogs will compete for “Best in Show,” and the highest cash prize offered at any AKC Dog Show. Other events will include the AKC Obedience Classic, the AKC Agility Invitational, the National Owner-Handled Series finals, and Juniors competition in Conformation, Agility, Obedience and Rally.
For those who won’t be able to make it to the event, coverage will be offered for free through live streaming video at akc.org and live.royalcanin.com. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit akc.org or canineextravaganza.com.