ViacomCBS has shared an update on the content that will be coming to Paramount+, the new streaming service set to launch on March 4.
The platform will have a slate of over 50 exclusive original series set to premiere in the next two years, with 36 arriving in 2021.
Select upcoming films from Paramount Pictures will make their streaming debut on Paramount+ immediately after a theatrical release window of 30-45 days, including “Mission: Impossible 7,” “Top Gun: Maverick,” “Sonic the Hedgehog 2,” and more. There will also be a slate of films produced exclusively for the service, including new versions of “Paranormal Activity” and “Pet Sematary.”
New scripted series are also in the works for Paramount+, including:
- “Halo” – Based on the Xbox franchise, Halo’s universe and cast of characters will come to life in a new original series. Taking place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing a 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant.
- “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” – The next installment of the popular Star Trek franchise is based on the years Captain Christopher Pike manned the helm of the U.S.S. Enterprise. The series will follow Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One in the decade before Captain Kirk boarded the ship.
- Avatar – Nickelodeon’s new animation studio division dedicated entirely to creating content based on the world of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” and “The Legend of Korra.” Led by the series’ original creators Mike DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, in partnership with the Nickelodeon Animation Studio, Avatar Studios will produce for Paramount+ a wide range of Avatar-inspired content, ranging from spinoffs and theatricals to short-form.
- “Dora the Explorer” – A new live-action series based on the iconic character, designed for an older audience of kids 6-11 and their families.
- “iCarly” – A new chapter for the kids’ sitcom, where original cast members Miranda Cosgrove, Nathan Kress and Jerry Trainor join new friends for a look at their characters’ present-day lives, adventures and comedic mishaps.
- “Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years” – The first-ever spinoff of “SpongeBob SquarePants,” “Kamp Koral” is a CG animated original series that takes viewers back to when the iconic characters of Bikini Bottom met for the very first time in a summer camp like no other.
- “Rugrats” – An all-new series featuring Nick’s iconic babies, back together with the original voice cast in new CG animation.
- “Star Trek: Prodigy” – The first-ever Star Trek for the kids and family audience, combining the Nickelodeon sensibility with the action and adventure hallmarks of the Star Trek franchise.
- “The Fairly OddParents” – A live-action take on one of Nickelodeon’s longest running and most successful animated series.
Paramount+ will have two pricing tiers for U.S. subscribers:
- Premium – Priced at $9.99, this tier will offer live sports, around-the-clock news programming, and entertainment spanning Paramount+ originals and library shows and movies. This offering will include CBS’ live linear feed and commercial-free on-demand viewing. 4K, HDR and Dolby Vision, mobile downloads and cross-platform dynamic play will be supported.
- Ad-Supported – Priced at $4.99, this tier will launch in June and replace the current $5.99 plan (existing users will maintain grandfathered access). This offering will include Paramount+ originals, marquee sports content, breaking news through CBSN, and the full suite of current and library CBS shows available on-demand.
Once the service launches on March 4, Paramount+ will be available online at ParamountPlus.com, through the Paramount+ app for iOS and Android, and across platforms like smart TVs, connected-TV devices, online, mobile, gaming consoles, and more.