Leading video game publishing and development partner, Aspyr will bring the BAFTA-nominated simulation game, Planet Coaster, to Mac this November, making it possible for Mac owners to mastermind the theme park of their dreams.
With unparalleled attention to detail and limitless customization options, Planet Coaster is the ultimate theme park simulation. The game has had critical acclaim and commercial success on PC, where it continues to entertain millions of players. Now, Mac players can get into the game as they build and design their own incredible theme parks in a truly living world.
“We’ve always wanted to bring the joy and excitement of Planet Coaster to as many players as possible, so we are delighted to be working with Aspyr to bring the game to Mac players,” said Jonny Watts, chief creative officer at Frontier Developments. “With Aspyr’s wealth of experience, we felt they were ideally placed to deliver the best possible experience to players on Mac.”
With piece-by-piece construction and over a thousand unique building components, every gamer can become a theme park designer as they build scenery, customize rides, and select every aspect for their one-of-a-kind park. The personalized landscape sculpting even allows theme park fans to raise mountains, form lakes, dig caverns, and build islands before weaving their coasters above, below, and through the park. Once their park is created, players can watch guests react in real-time to the world around them.
“Planet Coaster has long been a favorite for simulation game fans who can’t get enough of creating the ultimate amusement park, from designing scream-inducing roller coasters to building magical backdrops and scenery, managing operations and more. However, that experience was never available for Mac gamers – until now,” said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr. “We know players are going to have an absolute blast bringing their theme park visions to life.”
Planet Coaster Features
- Simulation Evolved – Deep park simulation rewards skills and makes management fun. Control every aspect of guest experiences and watch Planet Coaster’s world instantly react to your choices.
- A Living World – Every park guest is an expressive individual who explores the park with their own interests and desires.
- Communal Creation – Coaster fanatics and creators worldwide are linked through the Steam Workshop community hub. Share scenery, rollercoasters, and even entire parks with other players, and add their creations to your own park. NOTE: Steam Workshop features will only be available on the Mac Steam version.
- Be Inspired – Discover new content from the world’s best coaster park creators and download content from your favorite creators.
- Share Creativity – Join a community of creators and see your designs appear in parks around the world.
Planet Coaster will be available via the Mac App and Steam stores this November for $44.99 (base game). Additional downloadable content will be available for individual purchase, including Ghostbusters, Classic Rides Collection, Magnificent Rides Collection, World’s Fair Pack, Vintage Pack, Studios Pack, Adventure Pack, and Spooky Pack.