Raglan Road to hold Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival March 13-17
Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Downtown Disney is set to celebrate their Irish roots during the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival March 13-17, 2015.
The St. Patrick’s Day celebration will feature award-winning Irish and American bands, quick-stepping Irish dancers and cuisine by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon, host of the PBS and Create TV cooking show, “Kevin Dundon’s Modern Irish Food.”
Scythian, playing gypsy-infused American Celtic tunes, tops the lineup of bands to perform on stage during the Mighty Festival. Reel Ó Gránde, 3 Dollar Band, Drops of Green, The Brayzen Heads, The West Coast Trio and the award-winning Raglan Road Irish Dancers will entertain on indoor and patio stages throughout the five-day festival.
Raglan Road guests ready to “get their green on” can participate in festivities that run from 4 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. March 13 and from noon until 1:30 a.m. March 14-17.
The band lineup headed by Scythian offers many varieties:
• Reel Ó Gránde, the newest Raglan Road house band playing traditional Irish ballads, jigs and reels and modern Irish and country music.
• The West Coast Trio from Connemara, playing traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute and guitar with plenty of reels and jigs.
• 3 Dollar Band, three extraordinary musicians inspired by Irish and Appalachian music.
• The Brayzen Heads, a popular duo on guitar and banjo playing Raglan Road regularly.
• Drops of Green, an exciting new ballad group from the heart of Ireland.
• The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full-time champion dancers, performing daily
The entertainment schedule will be posted at RaglanRoad.com. Festivities include complimentary face painting for guests. Guests can order from Raglan Road’s lunch, dinner and bar menus featuring new dishes just introduced by Chef Kevin Dundon. The dinner menu features loin of bacon and cabbage, the authentic Irish dish of St. Patrick’s Day. Throughout the event, the restaurant’s Cooke’s of Dublin counter service eatery will offer Irish favorites like fish and chips and battered sausages.
On Tuesday, St. Patrick’s Day, guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis with a cover charge of $10 for each guest age 18 and older. Reservations can be booked for other festival days by calling 407-938-0300.