It’s true, Ripley’s Believe It or Not is celebrating the 20th anniversary of its Orlando Odditorium, but in a very odd way of course. They are unleashing the world-famous and legendary Lizardman and offering up a day full of free, family-friendly activities and food.
It all takes place this Saturday, Oct. 6
, 2012 and the public is invited to join in the fun. It’s the world’s first-ever Oddtoberfest and is sure to be a big one.
“We’ve been offering up the weird, the bizarre and the unusual for two decades, and Oddtoberfest will be a fitting celebration of our long history here on International Drive,” said Joe Kasinski, Director of Sales and Marketing for Ripley’s Orlando.
The event will run from noon to 5 p.m.
Oddtoberfest highlights include:
- Erik “The Lizardman” Sprague, who has transformed himself into a half-man/half-lizard will perform his one-of-a-kind talents and will be available to meet his fans and sign copies of the new Ripley’s book, Download the Weird during the afternoon.
- “Trick Ropin’ Trevor” Dreher will display his world-class trick roping talents.
- The Belly Dancing Amora Fire Eater will be wowing the crowds.
- Radio Disney’s Road Crew will provide music, fun and games.
- Weird carnival games.
- Food trucks offering a wide selection of delicacies.
- Live music from Beebs and Her Moneymakers on the Oddtoberfest stage.
The event will be held in the parking lot, rain or shine, and is free to the public. Guests who want to tour the Odditorium will be required to purchase tickets. Ripley’s Orlando Odditorium, located at 8201 International Drive, is open from 9 a.m. to midnight 365 days a year. For more information, please visit www.ripleys.com/orlando.