Sesame Street Safari of Fun Kids’ Weekends returning to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay for spring
Created just for the youngest theme park fans, kids and parents alike can celebrate spring during Busch Gardens Tampa Bay’s Sesame Street Safari of Fun Kids’ Weekends, happening from May 1-23.
This time around, the event will feature a new weekend celebrating everyday heroes! Included with park admission, guests can take part in all the fun with modified operations to keep everyone safe, including:
- Open-air activities with space for physical distancing in the Sesame Street Safari of Fun play area, plus even more room for activities on the Festival Field.
- Protective face coverings required for all guests ages 2 and older.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of surfaces and ample availability of hand sanitizer.
- Individually distributed, single-use supplies for crafts, scavenger hunts, and more.
Sesame Street Safari of Fun takes place each Saturday and Sunday from May 1-23, with special activities offered from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Guests will be able to enjoy daily themed storytimes and outdoor live performances of “Let’s Play Together” at the Sunny Days Theater in Sesame Street Safari of Fun. Other open-air springtime activities include:
- Sunny Days Mural (NEW): Artists of all sizes will be able to share their masterpieces in the craft tent at the all-new kid-friendly art display on the Festival Field.
- Sesame Street Photo Opportunities (NEW): Take part in physically-distanced photo-ops with the Sesame Street gang at 1-2-3 Smile with Me. There will also be a new selfie spot at Cookie Monster’s Foodie Truck on the Festival Field.
- Springtacular Maze: Families can wind their way through this flower-filled path on the Festival Field.
- Furry Friends Dance Party: Guests can move and groove with everyone’s favorite Sesame Street friends during this physically-distanced interactive dance party in the Sesame Street Pavilion.
- Special visits with Busch Gardens’ animals: Animal visitors will stop by for moments of learning and discovery on the Festival Field.
Each weekend of the event will have a theme to celebrate a different Sesame Street friend:
- Rubber Duckie Weekend, May 1 & 2: Help Ernie reunite with Rubber Duckie in an outdoor scavenger hunt and collect a special prize. Bert and Ernie will also make appearances at dance parties and the 1-2-3 Smile with Me photo location.
- Cookie Monster Weekend, May 8 & 9: Search for Cookie Monster’s favorite treat, or decorate a wearable cookie crown craft.
- Elmo Weekend, May 15 & 16: Help Elmo and Dorothy find their fish friends throughout the Sesame Street Safari of Fun. Families can also sing and dance along with Elmo at the Sesame Street Pavilion.
- Everyday Heroes Weekend, May 22 & 23 (NEW): Celebrate everyday heroes during the event’s final weekend. Guests will have a chance to join the Everyday Heroes Club by earning special badges for bravery, helping, manners, and more. Police officers, firefighters, and other local heroes will be honored during this community celebration, which will feature special guests and emergency vehicles for this weekend only.
To learn more about this spring’s Sesame Street Safari of Fun Weekends, visit BuschGardens.com/Tampa.