Six Flags has announced that Six Flags La Ronde in Montreal, Canada — Quebec’s leading destination for thrills and family fun — has received provincial clearance to reopen with rides and attractions on May 22, 2021.
With the opening of La Ronde, all Six Flags parks in North America will be open by Memorial Day Weekend.
“With today’s announcement, all of our parks will be welcoming guests this season,” said senior vice president of Park Operations, Bonnie Weber. “The safety of our guests and team members continues to be our highest priority, and we look forward to entertaining the millions of guests who trust us to create fun and thrilling memories for all.”
“This is a great day for our team,” added La Ronde Park President Sophie Emond. “We are thrilled to reopen Quebec’s leading destination for thrills and family fun.”
La Ronde will operate at reduced attendance levels to allow for proper social distancing, following Québec public health’s reopening guidelines for theme parks. The park will also require all Members, Season Pass holders, and guests with a single-day or group ticket to make a reservation before visiting. Guests who buy single-day tickets will be able to reserve during the purchase process.
The Montreal park will follow the same health and safety measures already in place at Six Flags parks throughout the system. These include:
- Masks required to be worn by all guests over the age of two
- Contactless IR thermal imaging to screen temperatures before entry
- Advanced security screening technology for touchless bag checks
- Distance markers in all park entry, restroom, retail locations, and ride and dining queues
- Increased sanitization and disinfecting of high touchpoints
- Alcohol-based hand-sanitizer stations throughout the park
- Safety messaging and reminders communicated by in-park announcements.
Click here for more information.