Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey will reopen on April 2, 2022 with the largest beautification, enhancement, and modernization effort in the park’s 50-year history.
Just in time for Spring Break, the amusement park will be open on April 2, 3, and April 9-22 from 11 a.m.- 7 p.m., and on April 23 and 24 from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Six Flags Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure will be open on April 2 and 3, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., and from April 9-24 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Dozens of in-park projects are slated to be complete this spring and summer, from new rides and animal experiences to new dining and events, while some attractions and areas of the park will have a shiny new coat of paint.
The park will debut its new front gate pavilion when it reopens, along with:
- Single Rider Lines at Jersey Devil Coaster, El Toro, Nitro, and Medusa
- Makeovers at Yum Yum Café and Granny’s
- New Giraffe Encounter Safari VIP Tour
- Digital maps instead of paper maps, accessible via map boards throughout the park and on guest’s mobile phones
- Q Smart technology will replace The Flash Pass Q-bot, for quicker ride line speeds and efficiency
- New landscaping, hydration stations, and self-serve drink machines.
- Volta electric vehicle charging stations
- Two new family restrooms
In addition, the Frontier Adventures area will see the return of the looping roller coaster, Medusa, which had been rebranded to Bizarro a decade ago.
Safari Kids area has also transformed into Jr. Thrillseekers – Great Adventure family play area, with eight rides geared toward youngsters, including the Lil’ Devil Coaster. It will also feature new shopping, dining, and more shaded seating, plus the reintroduction of Barnstormer.
The Summer Vibes Festival will take place from July 16-August 14.