The fifth annual Entertainment Designer Forum will feature some of the top creative minds behind Central Florida’s theme parks giving panels, talking to fans and auctioning off rare theme park memorabilia for charity.
If you’re interested in how some of your favorite attractions, events and shows are created, you won’t want to miss it. Sessions will be held at 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. on March 7, 2014 at the Orlando Repertory Theatre. In between sessions is your chance to bid on some rare items during a silent auction. The auction will feature theme park memorabilia including props from Halloween Horror Nights, original artwork and more. Each session will feature different panel members who will discuss their styles and philosophy of designing theme parks, and tell inside stories about the making of special events and attractions.
All proceeds from the event will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life in honor of Stephanie Girand. She worked as an art director and set designer on many feature films, and was also a designer for Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights, Grinchmas and Universal Dubai. Stephanie lost her battle with colon cancer in late 2010 at the age of 49.
The moderators for both shows will be Kim Gromoll and Mike Aiello. Here are the panel members:
6:30 p.m. Session
- Laura Tyler: Makeup Artist, Winner, Face Off, Season 5
- Eric Baker: Senior Prop Master, Diagon Alley, Universal
- Gene Columbus: Executive Director, Orlando Repertory Theatre
- Nick Collins: Scenic Designer, Universal Studios, Nickelodeon
- Cindy White: Designer, Illustrator
- Brian Morrow: Sr. Director, Attraction Development & Design, SeaWorld/Busch Gardens
9 p.m. Session
- Bryn Court: Lead Sculptor, Diagon Alley, Universal Studios
- Robbi Lepre’: Director of Theatrical Services, Busch Gardens
- Charles Gray: Assistant Show Director, Halloween Horror Nights, Universal Studios
- Michael Roddy: Sr. Show Writer/Show Director, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, US
- Mark Hervat: Manager, Art & Design, Creative Entertainment, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Michael Burnett: Designer, Special FX & Prosthetic Makeup, Universal Studios
Tickets for the event are $25 per person, per session or at a discounted price of $45 per person to attend both sessions. All proceeds from the event will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• Click to buy a ticket for the 6:30 p.m. session.
• Click to buy a ticket for the 9 p.m. session.
• Click to buy a ticket to both sessions.
You can also see some of the items up for auction, panelist updates and more on the Forum’s Facebook Page.