Spend a night in the iconic Mystery Machine from ‘Scooby Doo’
“Scooby Doo,” the first live-action feature film featuring the mystery-solving gang from the popular animated series was released in 2002, starring Matthew Lillard as Scooby’s best pal Shaggy. Twenty years later, Lillard is celebrating the anniversary by hosting three totally groovy one-night stays in the iconic Mystery Machine van (monsters not included).
The Mystery Machine is available for three one-night stays for up to two guests on June 24, 25, and 26, 2022 overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Malibu, Calif.
What can you expect from your night in the Mystery Machine?
Guests will be immersed in Scooby-worthy nostalgia as they live like Shaggy and Scooby Doo in the Mystery Machine, including:
- A virtual greeting from Matthew Lillard upon arrival, who says, “I may even share some of my favorite memories with the meddling kids.”
- Throwbacks to 2002, including listening to Sugar Ray on a portable CD player by the glow of a lava lamp – guests can even try on Shaggy’s signature puka shell necklace.
- All-you-can-eat snacks and a selection to choose from for dinner that features Shaggy and Scooby’s favorite foods (like hot dogs and eggplant burgers)
- Mystery games to put your own mystery-solving skills to the test
- A late-night viewing of “Scooby-Doo,” complete with popcorn, candy, and all the Scooby Snacks you can eat.
- An outdoor setup to enjoy the ocean views with lounge seating and hammock space, but Lillard promises without “any monsters that might be lurking about.”
As host, Lillard will welcome guests virtually, but an onsite concierge will be on hand upon arrival to assist with check-in and ensure a comfortable stay (including arranging meals).
Scooby fans booking this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity should note that this stay’s rules require strict adherence to local COVID-19 guidelines. Onsite staff will follow applicable local, state, and federal policies and Airbnb’s Covid-19 Safety Practices, which include wearing a mask and practicing social distancing when required by local laws or guidelines and abiding by a five-step enhanced cleaning process.
Booking for one-night stays on June 24, 25, and 26, 2022, opens on Airbnb at 1:00 p.m. ET on June 16, 2022. The rate is $20 per night, and the Mystery Machine accommodates a maximum of two guests (no pets). Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Southern California (free parking is available onsite).
Continuing their commitment to children in foster care, Airbnb will make a one-time donation to Five Acres, a child and family service agency dedicated to advocacy, prevention, and community-based mental/behavioral health services in Southern California.
Click here for details.