Today we learned about more holiday magic coming to Disneyland during the resort’s holiday celebration from Nov. 11, 2022-Jan. 8, 2023.
Guests visiting the Merriest Place on Earth can enjoy favorite (and new) holiday traditions, celebrate cultural tastes and traditions, and meet Mickey and Minnie in brand-new holiday looks.
Also returning this year is Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort, a 2.5-hour guided walking tour featuring fun facts about how Disneyland celebrates the season, followed by a spin around “it’s a small world” Holiday and reserved viewing for “A Christmas Fantasy” daytime parade, complete with holiday treats and a commemorative pin.
Disney Festival of Holidays
The fan-favorite California Adventure festival celebrates Christmas, Navidad, Chanukah, Diwali, Kwanzaa, and Three Kings Day with delicious holiday marketplaces (including the new Visions of Sugar Plums), the Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party, and a lineup of entertainment, including the Mariachi Divas, Mostly Kosher, Blue13 Dance Company, Phat Cat Swinger, and The Mistletoes. Plus, new this year, Tina and The Sounds of Celebration will perform holiday tunes with a taste of salsa, merengue, cumbia, and rock Latino.
The character celebration “Mickey’s Happy Holidays” and the Holiday Toy Drummers will also perform throughout the day in Disney California Adventure.
Guests can start commemorating Diwali this month at The Coffee House at the Disneyland Hotel with an Indian chai Archisha tea (Oct. 17-Jan. 9) and daily performances from Blue13 Dance Company (Oct. 17-24).
Beloved holiday traditions are more spectacular than ever with the return of “World of Color – Season of Light” in California Adventure and “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade, and “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks on select evenings in Disneyland – and arriving this fall, MagicBand+ will come alive with vibrations and colorful lights during the two nighttime spectaculars.
Meet and Greets
Mickey, Minnie, and their pals will show off their new holiday fashions in Town Square at Disneyland. Reflecting the theme of this year’s vintage-inspired holiday celebration, Mickey and Minnie’s red and green outfits feature wintry textures and patterns, including velvet, chenille, herringbone, and plaid.
Taking a SoCal vacation from the North Pole, Santa will visit locations throughout the resort, including Critter Country in Disneyland, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in Disney California Adventure park, and Disneyland Resort hotels.
Holiday Bites and Sips
In addition to the international fare at Disney Festival of Holidays, these seasonal sweets and treats (and more) will be available throughout the Disneyland Resort:
- Peppermint Churro at Grizzly Peak Churro in California Adventure – Churro coated with crushed candy canes, drizzled with chocolate and vanilla sauce.
- Peppermint Donuts at Lamplight Lounge in Disney California Adventure – Hot cocoa-dusted donuts with toasted marshmallow crème and peppermint-chocolate dipping sauce.
- Loaded Latkes at Smokejumpers Grill in Disney California Adventure – Traditional Latkes loaded with smoked brisket, topped with dairy-free horseradish cream and scallions.
- Mistletoe Mule at Sonoma Terrace in Disney California Adventure – A holiday take on a classic mule cocktail with cranberry juice and agave, garnished with a sprig of rosemary and a Cape cranberry.
- Holiday Grey Stuff at Red Rose Taverne in Disneyland – Traditional Grey Stuff with a holiday twist.
- Poinsettia Cookie at GCH Holiday Cart in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
This year, Woody and Buzz Lightyear are featured on a holiday popcorn bucket available for a limited time at select popcorn carts in Disney California Adventure (while supplies last).
Spirit jerseys inspired by Mickey and Minnie’s new holiday looks are the perfect gift for family, friends, and even yourself. The holiday spirit jerseys will be available in both parks and the Downtown Disney District, along with new holiday apparel, ornaments, décor, and collectibles.
Click here for information about celebrating the holidays at the Disneyland Resort.