Top 10 experiences that can’t be missed at 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Arts
With the return of Epcot International Festival of the Arts in 2018, there are many ways to celebrate all things art during the event.
Here are the top 10 festival experiences that you don’t want to miss when the arts festival returns on Jan. 12, 2018:
10. Watermelon Carving – See an artfully carved watermelon as you learn tips and tricks to host your next get-together. This seminar will be hosted by the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
9. Food Styling 101 – Foodies of Instagram, this seminar is perfect for you! This session will show you the basics of what makes food photo- and video-ready. You will learn how to go from ingredients to a hero shot, discuss tools and tricks and share tips on how to make your own food photography better.
8. Inspiring Floral – This workshop will go over floral design principles with Disney-inspired creations from Disney Floral Designers to help bring Disney magic into your home decor all year round.
7. Art of Topiaries – The Disney horticulture team will show you how they create some of the signature Walt Disney World topiaries in Epcot.
6. Magic with Water – The Disney Photo Imaging team will discuss how to take great photos around water, including waterfalls, play fountains, swimming pools and even in the rain. You’ll also learn more about camera settings, lenses, and location selection to help you get the best shot.
5. Handcrafted Calligraphy – Learn the basics of pointed pen calligraphy in this workshop, as it covers topics including faux calligraphy, how to hold an oblique pen, common issues with calligraphy, letter formation, and new paths to venture down with your new skill.
4. Handwritten Typography – Learn from a Walt Disney Resort creative service manager as they teach you how to draw your own typography to create that personalized touch for gifts and cards.
3. Animated Flip Books – Join in on this animation 101 session, where you’ll be able to create your own animated flip book while learning the fundamentals of animation with a Disney animator.
2. Phone Cam Photography – This session led by Disney Photo Imaging is for everyone looking to improve their phone photography skills. You will learn how to maximize the capabilities of your phone’s camera, as well as learn more about lighting and color adjustment, time lapse, taking High Dynamic Range photos, and how to edit your shots.
1. Storytelling Drawings – This workshop will show you how to create a single drawing that can tell a story. A Disney animator will share the art of quick sketching from life, with gestures drawing of people – which is a foundational practice for storyboard artists, directors and animators.
Be sure to check out these workshops and seminars, along with many others when the Epcot International Festival of the Arts returns on Jan. 12, 2018.