Universal Orlando has announced that select CityWalk locations are opening for guests starting this Thursday, May 14.
CityWalk will reopen for limited operations from 4-10 p.m. daily with complimentary self-parking. At this time, valet parking is not available.
The Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts will reopen for shopping, and each restaurant that reopens will offer a limited menu and limited seating. These include:
Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville (outside & Lone Palm only)
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery (mobile ordering available)
- Voodoo Doughnut (mobile ordering available)
- Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company (retail only)
- Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts
- Hollywood Drive-In Golf
At this time, Blue Man Group, all nightclubs, and Universal Cinemark will remain temporarily closed.
Following CDC guidelines, Universal Orlando has enhanced sanitization procedures and implemented extra measures for social distancing and screening. As a result, all guests and team members must comply with the following:
- Face covering required – Everyone is required to wear a face covering during their visit
- Temperature check required – Temperature checks will be required upon arrival, and guests/team members with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be admitted
- Wash hands often
- Social distancing – Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between your party and those around you
- Floor markings – When present, please stand on the floor markings until the group in front of you moves forward
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
Face coverings will be available for purchase at cost, in case you don’t have one. Each venue will limit capacity to enforce social distancing, and all chairs and tables will be cleaned and disinfected after each seating. High-touch surfaces throughout CityWalk will be frequently cleaned and disinfected as well. Cashless payments will also be available at all venues.
Guests are encouraged to evaluate their risk when choosing whether or not to visit Universal CityWalk. In a press release, Universal Orlando specifically states that they “do not recommend older adults or individuals at high-risk with severe underlying medical conditions visit our facilities.”
As for the rest of the resort, Universal Orlando’s theme parks and hotels will remain closed through at least May 31. Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk Hollywood will also stay closed at this time.
To learn more about Universal Orlando’s policies and procedures during this time, visit UniversalOrlando.com.