Halloween Horror Nights is almost upon us, and Universal Orlando Resort has shared a look at what devilish delights will be on the menu at this year’s event.
Developed with Universal Orlando’s executive chef and culinary team, the new menu offers flavors inspired by this year’s haunted houses, including “The Haunting of Hill House,” “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre,” “The Bride of Frankenstein,” Jack the Clown, and more.
Here’s an overview of more than 20 items guests can look forward to when the event kicks off on Sept. 3, 2021:
Inspired by Netflix’s “The Haunting of Hill House”
- Stuffed Brisket Grilled Cheese: Shaved smoked brisket and pepper jack cheese, topped with pickled onions, Davina tomatoes and garlic aioli served on country loaf bread
- Jalapeño Bacon Grilled Cheese: Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeño poppers and cheddar cheese pressed between fresh country loaf bread
- Tempeh Reuben and Sauerkraut: Tempeh, vegan swiss cheese and sauerkraut drizzled with 1000 Island dressing on rye bread
- Poison Tea Party: An iced tea and lemonade-based rum punch with mountain huckleberry and allspice notes
Inspired by “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre”
- Roasted Lamb Spit: Juicy lamb fresh off the spit served with spiced garlic pickles and white bread
- Severed Ribs: Delicious sliced sticky ribs with BBQ sauce
Inspired by “The Bride of Frankenstein”
- Bride of Frankenstein’s Swirl: Served in a black waffle cone
- Flammkuchen: Crispy flatbread topped with crème fraiche, thinly sliced onions and smoked bacon
- Reibekuchen: Savory potato pancake with apple sauce, crispy pumpernickel crumble, crème fraiche and chives
Inspired by the original Halloween Horror Nights icon, Jack the Clown
- Jack’d Donut Slider: Black Angus beef patty topped with bacon jam and American cheese on bourbon glazed donuts
- Dr. Pinetti’s Confetti Battered Oreos: Oreo cookies hand dipped in confetti cake batter that are fried until golden and dusted with powdered sugar
- Tiny’s Twinkies: Deep fried hand battered Twinkies with cream filling and topped with powdered sugar
Inspired by Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
- Field of Screams Gyoza: Dumplings filled with spicy ground turkey and butternut squash
- Pumpkin Guts (vegan): Sautéed zucchini and butternut squash noodles with hazelnut “brown butter,” sage, parsley and toasted hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds served out of a squash ring
- Dulce Pumpkin Spiced Churro: A dessert favorite filled with flavors of the season and the popular caramelized milk confection
Inspired by Revenge of the Tooth Fairy
- Bourbon Candied Pork Belly: Skewered thick cut bacon coated in an apple bourbon candy coating
- Monte Cristo Waffle Stick: Waffle on a stick filled with ham and swiss cheese covered in powdered sugar and raspberry melba
- Beer Floats complete with vanilla soft-serve ice cream, whipped cream and topped with either a dried orange wheel or large pieces of peanut brittle
- Pizza Fries: A Halloween Horror Nights staple, these “must-try” fries are piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce and loads of cheese
- S’mores Fries: Pizza fries with a twist! These sweet potato fries are drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows
- Twisted Tater: Choose from traditional flavors, including Sour Cream and Chive, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Parmesan or Ghost Pepper, or try the Blood ‘n Guts Twisted Tater with chili and roasted red pepper queso
There will also be specially-themed doughnuts at Voodoo Doughnut in Universal CityWalk, including the Bride of Frankenstein marble cake doughnut, dipped in chocolate and vanilla icing; and the Dracula’s Kiss yeast doughnut, tossed in powdered sugar with a cherry filling.
At Universal Studios Florida, guests can find even more treats in the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store, including the “Jack the Clown” and “Chance” Mason Jar Treats, Graveyard Cupcakes, Pumpkin Cocoa Bomb, and more. There are even exclusive HHN-themed Coca-Cola Freestyle Fanta Flavorween mixes, including Fanta Grape Goblin, Fanta Orange Jack-O-Lantern, and Fanta Strawberry Scary Skull.
Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights runs on select nights from Friday, Sept. 3 through Sunday, Oct. 31. Tickets and vacation packages are on sale now. To learn more, click here.