The iconic (pun intended) haunt event, Halloween Horror Nights, opens tonight at Universal Orlando Resort, bringing plenty of new and classic fears to life at Universal Studios Florida.
For its 30th anniversary year, Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights is unleashing a legion of horror legends, pop culture staples and frightening original stories — many from the event’s history — in 10 haunted houses, five scare zones, plus live entertainment and surprises lurking around every corner.
This year’s lineup of offerings includes:
- Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House – Welcome to Hill House, a structure more alive than its ghostly inhabitants. Inside these walls echo the haunted footsteps of those trapped here for all time.
- Beetlejuice – Got trouble with the living? You know what to say: Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice. It’s showtime!
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre – Step into the dilapidated Texas home of the depraved, sadistic Sawyer family who welcome you with razor-sharp blades and a roaring chainsaw.
- Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives – “We belong dead.” The last words of Frankenstein’s monster when his Bride rejected him. Now she’ll stop at nothing to bring him back.
- Halloween Horror Nights Icons: Captured – For the first time ever, 30 years of characters from your worst nightmares come together to decide who’s the most evil of them all.
- Welcome to SCarey: Horror in the Heartland – In Carey bad things just happen. No one escapes from this small town beset by an endless parade of bloodthirsty creatures and maniacs.
- Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth – Follow the trail of a private eye as an investigation into the supernatural leads you into a dark world of ghouls and terrifying creatures.
- The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin – There’s no breaking free from the vines of the Pumpkin Lord, here to entrap you in his ever-growing evil.
- Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience – A puppeteer and a ballet troupe trapped in a deserted theatre for years are about to turn you into a human puppet. That’s your cue to scream.
- Revenge of the Tooth Fairy – The innocent traditions of the tooth fairy hide a darker ritual. It’s an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
- Crypt TV – Step inside Crypt TV, a dark universe of monsters that reside in the same reality—on your screen, in your pockets and now San Francisco.
- 30 Years, 30 Fears – The monsters you’ve most dreaded from past Halloween Horror Nights have taken over the streets. They’re back and you’re history.
- Seek and Destroy – A ruthless alien cyber regime led by The Controller has taken over New York, turning humans into fuel. Succumb or be destroyed.
- Gorewood Forest – Sixteen years after the gory sacrifices of Terra Cruentus, the heartless Terra Queen is back. Evil is in her nature.
- Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge – Get ready for the feel-bad movie of the year. Eddie Schmidt, Jack the Clown’s brother, is filming a horror film and the monsters are real.
- Marathon of Mayhem: Carnage Factory – There’s no manufacturing the screams as a terrifying show comes to life in Universal Studios’ lagoon. It’s a fear factory.
- Halloween Nightmare Fuel – A new show is igniting Halloween Horror Nights, featuring fire, pyro and aerial performers.
Tonight’s opening night is sold out, but you can still purchase tickets for future event dates at Orlando.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
For video of every scare zone, haunted house and entertainment offering, visit our YouTube channel at YouTube.com/AttractionsMagazine.