Universal Studios Hollywood is taking its first step toward re-opening its theme park with a brand-new event, “Taste of Universal.”
This outdoor dining and shopping experience—which starts on Friday, March 12—will take place within select themed lands on weekends, Friday to Sunday, from noon to 7 p.m.
Taste of Universal will invite guests to once again enjoy strolling through the park as they sample some of its best culinary offerings and premium shopping options – plus physically-distanced photo-ops with characters.
Universal Studios Hollywood is working with local and government health officials to implement new health and safety procedures for the event, like controlled capacity and required face coverings.
Admission to Taste of Universal includes access to select themed areas of the park, as well as a selection of nearly 70 culinary options (30 of which are new to the event). Adults can choose five options and kids can choose three, with additional food offerings available for purchase.
Tickets start at $44 plus tax for adults and $25 plus tax for kids ages 3-9, and can be purchased online. Discounted tickets will be available for Universal Annual and Season Pass members.
Rides and shows will not be operational during this event, but guests will be able to enjoy the following themed areas of the park:
- Springfield, U.S.A. – Home of The Simpsons featuring Krusty Burger, Suds McDuff’s Hot Dog House, the Lard Lad Donut Cart, and Kwik-E-Mart.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Stroll through Hogsmeade village and enjoy shops like Honeydukes, Ollivanders, Owl Post, Zonko’s Joke Shop, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, Dervish and Banges, Gladrags Wizardwear, and Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods; or feast on food like Three Broomsticks’ Fish and Chips, Sticky Toffee Pudding, and Butterbeer.
- Minion Cafe – A brand-new dining experience, located adjacent to the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride, offering options like Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Meatballs, Chicken & Bacon Mac and Cheese, and Nutella Banana Pudding.
- The Hollywood & Dine section will include:
- Cocina Mexicana – Authentic Mexican fare with choices like Queso Street Tacos, Loaded Nachos topped with choice of Tinga or Carnita & Birria, Tortilla Cut Chips with Guacamole, Chili Relleno and Elote Corn on the Cobb with Lime Crema.
- Hollywood & Dine – Located just inside the theme park’s entry, enjoy a selection of comfort foods that include the Hot Chicken Sandwich, Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bowl, Personal Pizza with choice of pepperoni or cheese, Brisket Sliders with Caramelized Onions, Korean Hot Dog, and mini funnel cake.
- City Snack Shop – Pick up grab-and-go treats like the NYC Giant Pretzel, Spicy Pomegranate Glazed Turkey Leg, or the debut Crepewich, which features sweet (Banana and Nutella, or Strawberry Chocolate) and savory (club or Spinach and Berry vegetarian) options.
One highlight of the event that guests will enjoy is a sneak peek of the attraction shop for The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash—The Pets Store—where guests can purchase merchandise themed to the films.
The Animation Store, home to Hello Kitty and her friends from Sanrio, Minions merchandise, and DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls and Kung Fu Panda, will be among the park’s shopping options.
Physically-distanced photo-ops with select characters will also be available.
The health and safety protocols for Taste of Universal are:
- Temperature checks for all guests upon arrival. If temperatures exceed 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius, guests will not be allowed to enter.
- Face coverings will be required for all guests throughout their visit, and will also be available for purchase.
- Controlled capacity within the theme park, and limited occupancy at all CityWalk locations will help enforce physical distancing. Some areas and offerings may remain temporarily closed.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations, restrooms, and all other high-touch points.
- Physical distancing practices at all locations throughout the park.
- Eating and drinking allowed only in designated outdoor dining areas.
- Contactless payment options wherever possible.
To learn more about Taste of Universal, and to purchase tickets, visit UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.