Universal Studios Hollywood reopens to guests after yearlong closure
Today, guests were welcomed back through the iconic gates of Universal Studios Hollywood, as it officially reopened after more than a year of closure due to the pandemic.
The fun began yesterday during a special park preview for Annual and Season Pass members before the park opened to the general public today.
Even though most rides are operational, some of the park’s attractions will reopen at a later date due to government restrictions. At this time, only California residents can visit Universal Studios Hollywood and party sizes are limited to three households.
“We have been looking forward to this moment for over a year and are incredibly thrilled to reopen our theme park today,” said Karen Irwin, president and COO of Universal Studios Hollywood. “There is certainly lots to celebrate and we are overjoyed to return team members to work and welcome guests back to enjoy a Universal Studios Hollywood experience that is better than ever.”
Tickets to the park are on sale now for California residents and can be purchased here. Annual and Season Pass members can enjoy a series of complimentary Bonus Days on select dates through Sunday, May 16; regular use of passes will resume on Monday, May 17.
As part of the reopening, guests are able to experience an upgraded Jurassic World — The Ride with a realistic new Indominus rex animatronic figure, plus an all-new dark ride, The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!
In addition to these new experiences, other iconic attractions and experiences like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride, and more are open to guests.
Keep in mind that the following health and safety guidelines are in place when visiting the park:
- Temperature checks for all guests upon arrival
- If temperatures exceed 100.4º Fahrenheit/38º Celsius or greater, guests will not be permitted to enter
- Face coverings required for all guests throughout visit
- Face coverings will also be available for purchase
- Controlled capacity within the theme park and limited occupancy at all CityWalk venue to help enforce physical distancing
- Some areas and programs may remain temporarily closed
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations, restrooms, and all other high touch points
- Physical distancing practices at all locations through the park and at rides and attractions
- Eating and drinking permitted only in designated dining areas
- Contactless payment options whenever possible
To learn more about Universal Studios Hollywood’s reopening, visit UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.