Catalina Island in Southern California was rated one of the top ten most romantic islands in the world by Travel and Leisure Magazine, so it’s no surprise that couples flock to the “Island of Romance” every year to tie the knot. But this May, there’s a new way to take the plunge into marriage on Catalina — a wedding on the Catalina Island Company Zip Line Eco Tour.
During this unique three-day experience — from May 12-14, 2021 — four lucky couples will experience a once-in-a-lifetime wedding on Catalina Island that includes a stay at the beautiful Hotel Atwater, a wedding night dinner at the iconic Catalina Casino, and of course, the high-flying wedding ceremony with ocean views from 600 feet above the Descanso Beach Club.
“Though there have been many proposals over the years, there has never been an actual wedding on the famous Zip Line — until now!” said Geoff Rusack, president and CEO of Catalina Island Company. “We are excited to be able to celebrate the Zip Line’s 10th anniversary — and coming off of a challenging year where many couples did not have a chance to have their dream weddings — we hope to bring some joy and excitement through these one-of-a-kind nuptials.”
After a quick 26-mile trip to Catalina Island via the Catalina Express or Catalina Flyer, couples can spend day one exploring the island and participating in their choice of Catalina Island Company activity or tour, including a glass-bottom boat excursion, an undersea sub expedition, a biofuel Hummer tour, or even a Bison expedition.
On their wedding day, couples will soar across five separate zip lines with a unique experience at each platform — from exchanging vows to sharing their first dance to celebrating with cake and champagne. This experience is perfect for adventurous couples who want an intimate and private wedding as no guests will be permitted on the zip line.
After the ceremony, newlyweds will enjoy a special dinner on a balcony overlooking Avalon Harbor at the Catalina Casino — a Catalina landmark for over 100 years.
On the final day, couples will be treated to a private beach cabana at Descanso Beach Club, where they can toast their new life together with a bottomless champagne brunch. After brunch, the newlyweds will return to the mainland via Catalina Express or Catalina Flyer.
The cost of the zipline wedding experience is $2,950.00 per couple (including taxes and fees). Couples can also extend their stay for an additional charge.
The Catalina Island Company Zip Line Wedding package includes the following:
- Round-trip boat transportation aboard Catalina Express from San Pedro, Long Beach, or Dana Point or via Catalina Flyer from Newport Beach
- Two nights’ accommodation at the recently-renovated Hotel Atwater on May 12-13, 2021
- Marriage ceremony on the Zip Line Eco Tour (couples must obtain marriage certificate before arrival on Catalina Island)
- Hair and makeup artist for the bride
- Flower bouquet and boutonniere
- Professional photographer to capture wedding ceremony (including a framed commemorative photo)
- Post-ceremony champagne toast and mini wedding cake
- Voucher for one land or sea activity for two
- Dinner on the Catalina Casino balcony on May 13, 2021
- Beach cabana at Descanso Beach Club with a bottomless champagne brunch on May 14, 2021
Requests to book this once-in-a-lifetime wedding package will open on April 20, 2021, at noon PT, submissions close on April 23, 2021, and Catalina Island Company will notify the four lucky couples by April 30, 2021. Click here for more information and to request a booking.