MSC Cruises, the third largest cruise brand in the world, has officially launched and named its newest flagship, MSC Seashore, sailing out of Miami. We were invited to attend the initial sailing and have brought back lots of videos.
The MSC Seashore is an evolution and enhancement of the line’s pioneering Seaside class, designed in the style of Miami beachfront condos. Sixty five of the public areas having been reimagined. The ship also offers some of the most generous outdoor space of any ship in the fleet at nearly 140,000 square feet, offering guests the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors by lounging poolside, sipping on a refreshing cocktail in one of the bars, relaxing in a bubbling whirlpool or simply soaking up the sunshine and breezes from the balcony of their cabin.
Key highlights of MSC Cruises’ new flagship MSC Seashore are:
- The largest and most luxurious MSC Yacht Club in the fleet – the all-inclusive ‘ship within a ship’ premium concept providing guests with a premium all-inclusive cruise experience with private amenities and 24-hour butler service.
- 11 different types of staterooms and suites with balconies, including the coveted aft suites, 50 terraced suites with extended balconies and 32 different suites with outdoor private whirlpools.
- There are six swimming pools, including a new interactive Pirate Cove-themed waterpark and a spectacular new aft Infinity Pool, as well as two infinity whirlpools.
- There are five specialty restaurants in the redesigned Chef’s Court on Deck 8 with two elegant bars, plus al fresco dining available at The Butcher’s Cut, MSC Cruises’ signature steakhouse, located on the waterfront promenade.
- The exclusive Top 19 Solarium is for Aurea guests with its chic outdoor lounge area and bar.
- The kids’ area is the largest in the fleet with 7,567 sq. ft. of dedicated space featuring a futuristic new theme dedicated to space and planetary exploration.
- Entertainment options – from the main theatre to the high-tech disco, continue through the larger than ever 12,215-square-foot casino and sports bars.
- She is the first cruise ship in the world to feature the Safe Air new air sanitation system developed by Fincantieri that uses UV-C lamp technology to eliminate 99% of viruses and bacteria, as well as 100% fresh air with no recirculation to guarantee clean and safe air for guests and crew.
MSC Private Island
MSC Seashore’s recent naming ceremony with the ship’s Godmother, Actress Sophia Loren, also served to formally inaugurate Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, which opened in December 2019 and closed shortly thereafter due to the pandemic. This is a key part of the Foundation’s Super Coral Program, which seeks to help restore coral reefs in The Bahamas to a healthy state through the propagation of hardy Super Coral species and varieties to increase the resilience of the reefs. This work will be done in partnership with the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and Nova Southeastern University (Florida).
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, a private island destination, opened at the end of 2019. It was a former industrial sand extraction site that has since been lovingly restored to pristine condition, including the restoration of endangered corals and the implementation of other conservation and educational programs.
Existing in harmony with the local ecosystem, it features a 64-square-mile marine reserve. Designed to show MSC Cruises’ strong appreciation of and commitment to the environment, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve is dedicated to the restoration of marine resources and the ongoing conservation of marine life.
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve also offers multiple beaches where chairs, umbrellas and cabanas await guests for a relaxing day on the beach and soaking up the vibrant spirit of The Bahamas, while surrounded by sweeping vistas of crystal blue waters at every turn.
Aside from enjoying the beach, there are plenty of ways to make the most of the island during the day. Guests can try some water sports or other activities as part of the shore excursions program, browse the shops for a unique souvenir, indulge in a sumptuous spa treatment, or grab a cocktail or bite to eat at one of the various bars and food venues around the island. As the ships dock directly at the island, guests can easily reboard at their leisure and return in the evening to enjoy nighttime festivities including a traditional Bahamian Junkanoo parade, beach party with a DJ and a stunning light show from the Lighthouse.
In addition to the Lighthouse show, guests can book a tour which allows then to climb the lighthouse steps for awesome vies of the ship and island. All MSC Cruises ships out of PortMiami and Port Canaveral call at Ocean Cay and often remain at the island until late in the evening or even overnight, giving guests plenty of time to discover everything that the island has to offer.
Here’s a full walking tour of each deck of the ship:
MSC Seashore will be MSC Cruises’ third ship based in the U.S., offering a range of different length cruises from five nights to regular 7-night sailings in addition to longer cruises of up to 16 nights. With the arrival of MSC Seashore, MSC Meraviglia will now move to Port Canaveral for the rest of the season and MSC Divina will move to PortMiami. For summer 2022, MSC Seashore will remain in Miami.
For more information on the MSC Seashore or to book a cruise, visit MSCCruisesUSA.com or contact your travel agent.