D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is teaming up with Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) for a special event for members: D23 x Walt Disney Imagineering Magical Milestones – Disney California Adventure Park 20th Anniversary.
This event is the first in a series of milestones that D23 and WDI will be partnering to celebrate, and each one will feature a gathering of Imagineers who will take guests on a journey covering everything from park origins and history, to artwork and storytelling, to behind-the-scenes stories that feature some of the people that bring these ideas and experiences to life.
“The Imagineering Story” creator, Leslie Iwerks, will host the event, which will start with WDI president Bob Weis revisiting the origins of Disney California Adventure as Disneyland’s parking lot through opening day and its earliest additions. Over the following 90 minutes, guests will hear about 20 years of growth and expansion of the park – as well as a peek behind-the-scenes of Avengers Campus and Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure.
Joining Iwerks and Weis will be:
- Steven Davison, Executive Parades & Spectaculars
- Scot Drake, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Tom Fitzgerald, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Roger Gould, Creative Director of Franchise Management and Parks Integration for Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Lynne Itamura, Executive Interior Design
- Jeanette Lomboy, Site Portfolio Executive for the Disneyland Resort
- Kathy Mangum, Retired Imagineering Executive
- John Mauro, Portfolio Producer
- Jeff Shaver-Moskowitz, Executive Producer
- Tracey Noce, Concept Design Director
- Kevin Rafferty, Executive Creative Director
- Brent Strong, Executive Creative Director
- Steve Spiegel, Executive Story Editor
- Susana Tubert, Creative Director of Live Entertainment at the Disneyland Resort
- Claire Weiss, Creative Director
D23 x Walt Disney Imagineering Magical Milestones – Disney California Adventure Park 20th Anniversary is complimentary for all D23 Gold Members and $10 for D23 General Members, and will be available for viewing from today, March 10, 2021 at 4 p.m. PT through March 26, 2021 at 11:45 p.m. PT.
To learn more, head to D23.com.