A new month means more new releases coming to Disney+! Here’s everything new you can expect to see added to the streaming service this October:
Thursday, Oct. 1
New Library Titles
Friday, Oct. 2
New Library Titles
- “Beverly Hills Chihuahua”
- “Cheaper by the Dozen 2”
- “Mr. Holland’s Opus”
- “Secrets of the Zoo: Down Under” (Season 1)
- “The Simpsons” (Season 31)
- “Zenimation Extended Edition” (Premiere)
- Unplug, relax, and refresh your senses for a moment of mindfulness with Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Zenimation – an animated soundscape experience. Zenimation pays tribute to both the visual and sound artists who have created Walt Disney Animation Studios’ legacy of films. Created and edited by David Bess. From Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” – Episode 102, “Happy Birthday, Gino!”
- Gino, the most admired western lowland gorilla at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, celebrates his 39th birthday with animal manager Rachel, who’s known Gino since he was a teen. Gino’s presented with a storybook-worthy cake, but festivities are stalled when he struggles to overcome a chest infection. Meanwhile, animal keeper Lori notices a lump on beloved alpha lioness Kinsey, which requires urgent medical attention, but transporting the 300-pound cat to the Veterinary Treatment Room poses a challenge. Over at The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot, aquarist Amanda, who’s expecting her first child, prepares to welcome another little ray of sunshine into the world: a spotted eagle ray pup. At Discovery Island, trainer Katelyn teaches two newly arrived macaws, Santiago and Emmett, the navigation skills needed to become members of the Winged Encounters flight team.
- “One Day At Disney” – Episode 144, “Pablo Tufino: Ride Show Technician”
- Pablo Tufino, Computer Ride Show Technician at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, provides a glimpse into the twilight transformation of Pandora – The World of Avatar. The change from day to night brings the Pandoran world to life, and through the illumination of custom lighting and automations each area of the land is given a unique look and feel that continues to amaze guests… and Pablo!
- “Weird But True” – Episode 308, “Our Solar System”
- Charlie learns that the Global Space Administration is looking for researchers and explorers to go on the Interplanetary Expedition – a one-way trip to explore the solar system. Carly is nervous because a one-way ticket means that they would never come back! So, both she and Charlie head to the Mars habitat in Hawaii to experience what it is like to live in outer space. Renowned astrophysicist Michio Kaku is a special guest star, playing fictional character Buster Infinity.
Friday, Oct. 9
New Library Titles
- “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”
- “Oil Spill of the Century”
- “Wild Portugal”
- “The Right Stuff” – Episodes 101-102 (Premiere)
- Episode 101, “Sierra Hotel” – It’s 1959 and Russia is winning the space race. In order to compete, the United States forms NASA and chooses to recruit the nations best test pilots to form what will become the Mercury Astronauts. Among these test pilots are the golden boy John Glenn, the reckless Alan Shepard, and Gordo Cooper, whose broken marriage could cost him a place at the program.
- Episode 102, “Goodies” – The press descends upon the domestic lives of the astronauts. Shepard and Gordo wilt under the limelight while Glenn thrives. Glenn secures a deal with Life Magazine that grants exclusive access to all seven astronauts in return for life-altering compensation. By the time the astronauts arrive in Florida to begin work, even Shepard has come to understand the power they now hold.
- “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” – Episode 103, “Betty and the Beast”
- For the first time in the park’s history, Hartmann’s mountain zebras arrive on the savanna at Disney’s Animal Kingdom! Keeper Meaghan and the team do their best to acclimate the mischievous herd and prepare the other animals to meet their new neighbors, including a curious young Hartmann’s mountain zebra, Clementine, and mom-to-be Prima. Meanwhile, babirusa pig Betty is introduced to a bachelor babirusa, Mentari, with the hope that the plucky pigs hit it off and give the park its first-ever babirusa piglet. At The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot, an 1,800-pound rescued manatee, Lou, has a potentially infected tail, so keepers must use a crane to lift him out of the aquarium to transport him to the Veterinary Treatment Room for a high-def CT scan.
- “Weird But True” – Episode 309, “Cooking”
- Carly and Charlie are planning a surprise party and are in charge of the menu. There’s just one problem, neither of them knows how to cook. The duo attempts a basic burger, but that turns into a disaster. The only way to master the art of cooking is to learn from the experts at the Culinary Institute of America.
- “One Day At Disney” – Episode 145, “Gabriela Clark: Creative Print Marketing”
- Discover the intricacies of creating a Disney print marketing campaign with Gabriela Clark. From overseeing photoshoots to coordinating massive studio print campaigns, Gabriela and team are responsible for creating some of the first images fans are able to see of new Disney projects.
Friday, Oct. 16
New Library Titles
- “Disney Junior The Rocketeer” (Season 1)
- “Drain” (Season 3)
- “Lost on Everest”
- “Marvel’s Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United”
- “Clouds” (Premiere)
- Inspired by an incredible true story, “Clouds” is a poignant and beautiful look at the heartbreaking duality of life and a testament to what can happen when you start to live as if each day might be your last. Zach Sobiech (Fin Argus) is a fun-loving high school student with raw musical talent living with osteosarcoma, a rare bone cancer. At the start of his senior year, he is ready to take on the world, however when he receives the news that the disease has spread, he and his best friend and songwriting partner, Sammy (Sabrina Carpenter), decide to spend Zach’s limited time following their dreams. With the help of Zach’s mentor and teacher, Mr. Weaver (Lil Rel Howery), Zach and Sammy are given the chance of a lifetime and are offered a record deal. Along with the support of the love of his life, Amy (Madison Iseman) and his parents, Rob and Laura (Tom Everett Scott and Neve Campbell); Zach embarks on an unforgettable journey about friendship, love and the power of music.
- “The Right Stuff” – Episode 103, “Single Combat Warrior”
- After mysterious bouts of vertigo, Shepard turns to Dee O’Hara to help him. Meanwhile, Cocoa Beach has transformed from ghost town to perpetual party. Gordo finds himself tempted by another woman. Glenn seeks refuge from the bedlam at a local church gathering, where even he is confronted by temptation. The astronauts’ families arrive in Florida to watch the first test launch of the Atlas Rocket.
- “One Day At Disney” – Episode 146, “Alfredo Ayala: R&D Imagineer”
- As Principal Project Manager for Walt Disney Imagineering, Mike Davie sees his projects grow out of the ground and into magical experiences for Park guests. From drawing sketches on the back of a napkin to overseeing construction, Mike executes each project, including Epcot World Showcase’s new Ratatouille attraction, with determination and passion.
- “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” – Episode 104, “Meet the Mandrills”
- Meet the Lady mandrills of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve! They’re part of a family known to squabble. To stop the infighting, animal manager Beth and keepers Erin and Kerri decide to throw some testosterone into the mix. They introduce Linus, a hunky new monkey who puts the ‘man’ in mandrill and manages to charm the all-female squad. On the other side of the reserve, animal keeper Nicole has a soft spot for Scooter and Zawadi, a stinky hyena pair with a spotty reputation. She helps them clean up with a spa day that includes tasty treats, a back scratch and a relaxing bubble bath. Over on Maharajah Jungle Trek, animal keeper Susan helps Sohni, an eight-year-old Sumatran tiger, face a tough challenge –undergoing a voluntary blood test. Cassanova, an Abyssinian ground hornbill and a fan-favorite resident of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, receives a new diet and feather makeover to strut his stuff again. Later, engineers must perform an overnight operation to inspect an underwater fence within the black rhino habitat.
- “Meet the Chimps” (Premiere)
- “Meet The Chimps” takes viewers into the secret life of one of the largest and most unique wildlife sanctuaries in the world—Chimp Haven—a 200-acre refuge tucked deep in the forested heart of Louisiana, which is home to more than 300 chimpanzees. Narrated by Emmy Award-winning actress Jane Lynch, this six-part series, from National Geographic, tracks the ups and downs of this extraordinary group of chimps that are given a second chance at life by a staff whose dedication, compassion and commitment knows no bounds.
- “Weird But True” – Episode 310, “Explorers”
- The science fair is approaching, and Charlie is looking for the perfect project to blow the judges away: exploration! Carly meets with National Geographic Explorer Darlene Cavalier, who describes how she’s exploring new ways to connect people with science. She’s trying different methods to encourage people to pursue their own curiosity and even become explorers themselves!a disaster. The only way to master the art of cooking is to learn from the experts at the Culinary Institute of America.
Friday, Oct. 23
New Library Titles
- “Gathering Storm” (Season 1)
- “India from Above” (Season 1)
- “Marvel Super Hero Adventures” (Shorts) [Season 4]
- “Pompeii: Secrets of the Dead”
- “Ultimate Viking Sword”
- “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” – Episode 105, “Aardvark Love!”
- Love is in the air at Disney’s Animal Kingdom as aardvarks Willie and Peanut go on a blind date that could ultimately produce the park’s first-ever aardvark babies. While the lovers prepare for their date, one of the savanna’s resident black rhinos-—Badru—works with his beloved keeper, Katie, to undergo a blood draw. At The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot, rescued manatee Lil Joe has an inflamed lump that needs an extra-special squeeze from Dr. Dan who attempts to drain it; and in the waters of the Safi Riveron Kilimanjaro Safaris, Mr. Campbell, a massive Nilecrocodile, comes in for a checkup for his injured tail, a result of a dust-up with another croc.
- “Once Upon a Snowman” (Premiere)
- The previously untold origins of Olaf, the innocent and insightful, summer-loving snowman who melted hearts in the Academy Award-winning 2013 Disney animated feature, “Frozen,” and its acclaimed 2019 sequel, are revealed in the all-new Walt Disney Animation Studios animated short, Once Upon a Snowman. The film follows Olaf’s first steps as he comes to life and searches for his identity in the snowy mountains outside Arendelle.
- “The Big Fib” – Episodes 116-130
- Disney+’s game show, “The Big Fib,” is back for another 15 episodes. Hosted by Yvette Nicole Brown and featuring Rhys Darby as her robot sidekick, C.L.I.V.E., each episode puts kid contestants in the hot seat as they question adults to find the real fibber.
- “The Right Stuff” – Episode 104, “Advent”
- After a rocket malfunctions during a test, the Mercury 7 head home for Christmas. Shepard’s holidays are fraught, as the arrival of his parents coincides with the adoption of Louise’s niece. Gordo’s former mistress forces her way back into his life, jeopardizing his relationship with Trudy. And Glenn attempts to win over a rising political star and presidential hopeful, JFK.
- “Weird But True” – Episode 311, “Scuba Diving”
- Charlie goes on an annual scuba trip every year, and this year it’s the Manta Ray Dive! Because Charlie’s regular buddy, Kirby, can’t go, he thinks he will have to cancel the trip. Despite her fear of scuba, Carly is determined to join him so that Charlie doesn’t have to go alone. Can she overcome her fear?
- “One Day At Disney” – Episode 147, “Jason Benetti: Play-by-Play Commentator”
- Sports enthusiast Jason Benetti offers a glimpse into his life as an ESPN play-by-play commentator. Feeding off of the energy of the players, excitement of the crowd, and his passion for sports, Benetti never fails to bring his lively personality to the table on game day.
Friday, Oct. 30
New Library Titles
- “Disney The Owl House” (Season 1)
- “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”
- “X-Ray Earth” (Season 1)
- “The Mandalorian” (Season 2 Premiere)
- The Mandalorian and the Child continue their journey, facing enemies and rallying allies as they make their way through a dangerous galaxy in the tumultuous era after the collapse of the Galactic Empire.
- “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” – Episode 106, “Peri’s Prickly Pregnancy”
- Peri the porcupine is about to give birth to a fuzzy new baby, but following Peri’s persistent sneezing, Dr. Dan and the team step in to help her breathe with greater ease. On the Maharajah Jungle Trek, Anala, a super-smart Sumatran tiger, faces a series of challenging tests to keep her mentally and physically stimulated, earning herself a meaty reward. Over at the Veterinary Treatment Room, Dr. Natalie and specialist Dr. Andrew perform surgery on Stark, a darling newborn steenbok, to straighten up his legs. Dugan, a southern white rhino, enjoys a birthday party and receives a surprise from the local fire department.
- “The Right Stuff” – Episode 105, “The Kona Kai Seance”
- Trudy meets with Jerrie Cobb and is invited to join the first all-female-astronaut corps. The Mercury 7 are sent to San Diego for some glad-handing, but the trip sours when Shepard is caught by a reporter with another woman. Glenn helps Shepard get the story spiked, but his moralizing drives a wedge between him and the other astronauts that will directly affect who is chosen to go to space first.
- “Weird But True” – Episode 312, “Camping”
- Carly and Charlie must achieve the rank of master camper, and because they have never personally camped before, they take a trip to Coronado National Forest within Arizona’s Saguaro National Park. There, they get expert advice and begin to fully absorb what it is like to camp and how to become master campers.
- “One Day At Disney” – Episode 148, “Dana Amendola: Disney Theatrical Productions”
- Dana Amendola, vice president of operations at Disney Theatrical Group, restores and preserves history every day at The New Amsterdam Theatre. Once run down after years of neglect, Disney brought the theatre back to life restoring it to its original glory. Explore what it takes to maintain the 100 year old theatre, home to Broadway’s “The Lion King,” “Mary Poppins” and “Aladdin.”
What’s going on your watchlist this October? Let us know in the comments! For more info on subscribing to Disney+, visit DisneyPlus.com.