Wild Adventures theme park in Valdosta, Ga. has announced a major expansion for 2019 that will feature a new kids’ area with immersive wildlife experiences and six rides themed to alligators.
American Alligators are the core theme of this new kids’ area, which will be built close to the main entrance of the park.
Guests’ experience will start in Alligator Alley, a new exhibit that will be the home of dozens of alligators. Guests will be able to learn more about these creatures through daily zookeeper talks and the all-new “Gators!” show. Alligator Alley will also feature the chance to feed an alligator.
Next comes a stroll across Gator Crossing Rope Bridge, a netted bridge that hangs directly over the alligator habitat in Alligator Alley.
“With this new area, Wild Adventures is providing an amazing place for families to experience together,” said Molly Deese, vice president and general manager of Wild Adventures. “It is really important to us that, as soon as they enter the park, families have an experience that results in memories worth repeating.”
The six new rides for the expansion include:
- Okefenokee Express – This train ride is the best way for younger adventurers to navigate the waters of the swampy south.
- Flying Gators – Step inside for a spin with the dizziest gators in the swamp.
- Turtle Twist – Go around and around and up and down with these fast turtles.
- Swampwater Snake – Slither around on this family coaster as this snake takes families on a fun ride.
- Hoppin’ Gator – Younger guests can hop to the hop with these gator friends.
- Okefenokee Friends – Some of the creatures from the rest of the animal kingdom have come to take guests for a spin.
The new kids’ area will lead to the Alapaha Trail, which offers an authentic swamp experience with animal exhibits. The trail comes to an end with a visit to Wild Adventures’ largest and most famous alligator, Twister.
Construction on this new expansion will kick off on Oct. 1, with the new area opening in March 2019.
To learn more about Wild Adventures’ other offerings, visit WildAdventures.com.