Celebrate the ‘slowest week of the year’ with Sloth Week at Wild Florida
From Monday, Oct. 15 – Saturday, Oct. 20, Wild Florida will be hosting its first-ever Sloth Week.
To celebrate the occasion, Wild Florida is offering free admission to their Gator and Wildlife Park for the duration of Sloth Week. This event is dedicated to educating guests on the park’s two-toed sloths, their personalities, and how humans can help preserve their environment in the wild.
In addition to plenty of sloth games and activities, Wild Florida has partnered up with other local attractions and hotels to offer giveaways every day throughout the week. Participants can head to Wild Florida’s Facebook page each day to see what they can win.
Check out the schedule for Sloth Week below:
- Free admission to Gator and Wildlife Park
- Craft an enrichment toy for the sloths under the Gator Pavilion
- Drink your own “sloshy” – a sloth-themed frozen slushy
- Tune in to Wild Florida’s Sloth Cam on YouTube
- Test your knowledge with Sloth Jeopardy inside the Exotic Animal Pavilion
- Strike your best sloth pose at one of many sloth photo-op stations
Monday, Oct. 15
- Hang Like a Sloth Contest – Join everyone at the playground at 12:30 p.m. where Wild Florida will time how long guests and staff can hang like a sloth. Whoever can hang upside down the longest will win bragging rights as the honorary “Sloth Week” champion and win a Sloth Week t-shirt.
Tuesday, Oct. 16
- Wild Paint Night Out – At 6 p.m., Wild Florida will offer a limited experience for 50 guests where they can paint their own sloth painting, enjoy a BBQ buffet from the Chomp House Grill, and take a #slothie with one of their two-toed sloths.
Wednesday, Oct. 17
- Sloths of the Silver Screen – In the spirit of the event, Wild Florida will play some of their favorite movies that feature sloths in the Gator Ballroom:
- “Zootopia” – 12 p.m.
- “Ice Age” – 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 18
- Dine with a Sloth – Wild Florida will offer a rare chance to have lunch with one of their sloth family members as you dine on some of their favorite snacks. This experience will only be offered on Thursday and Saturday during Sloth Week.
- Corn-Eating Contest – One of Wild Florida’s sloths’ favorite snacks is corn on the cob, and the park is hosting a corn-eating contest as part of Sloth Week in the Gator Pavilion at 12:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 19
- Wild Paint Night Out
Saturday, Oct. 20
- World’s Largest #Slothie – To celebrate World Sloth Day and the last day of Sloth Week, Wild Florida will invite guests to the Gator Pavilion to participate in the world’s largest #slothie at 12:30 p.m.
- Rock your best sloth costume – Wild Florida wants to see your best sloth costumes! Be sure to wear your best sloth gear on this day – you might get featured on their Facebook page!
- Dine with a Sloth
- Sloth Week Charity 5K – Run or walk in Wild Florida’s Sloth Week Charity 5K, which will travel through the Gator and Wildlife Park and down Lake Cypress Road. It is free for anyone to participate, but the park is asking for donations to help raise money for The Sloth Conservation Foundation. The 5K starts at 7:30 a.m.
To learn more about Sloth Week at Wild Florida, visit WildFloridaAirBoats.com/Sloth-Week.