Celebrate festive traditions with Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2018
Holiday traditions from around the world will be celebrated during this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, going on now through Dec. 30.
This year’s International Festival of the Holidays features the return of classic entertainment and delicious food at the Holiday Kitchens, plus some brand new seasonal magic:
- Holiday Cookie Stroll (New) – Travel around the World Showcase and enjoy the sweet surprises that await at the cookie stroll locations. Guests can purchase these delicious treats and collect stamps for each cookie. Once they’ve received five stamps, they’ll be rewarded with a complimentary “completer” cookie and a cold glass of milk! The Holiday Cookie Stroll can be completed at guests’ leisure, and the passport can be brought back until Dec. 30.
- Tastes at Holiday Kitchens (New) – Savor holiday dishes from around the world at 12 specialty kitchens throughout the World Showcase. New for this year is black forest roulade with cherry whipped cream at the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen in the Germany pavilion, and sofrito-marinated beef with sweet plantains and olives at the Feast of the Three Kings Holiday Kitchen. A brand-new kitchen has also made its debut this year, L’Chaim!, which features traditional Jewish dishes like pastrami on rye, chicken and matzo ball soup, egg cream and more.
- Candlelight Processional – Experience the story of Christmas like never before, with celebrity narrators, a full choir, and a 50-piece orchestra. New narrators for this year include Helen Hunt, Alfonso Ribeiro, Bart Millard, and Auli’i Cravalho. Returning fan-favorites include Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jodi Benson. Guests can enjoy this showcase with three nightly performances.
- Candlelight Processional Dining Packages – Guests can add more magic to their Candlelight Processional experience with breakfast, lunch, or dinner with reserved seating at the musical display. Dining options include some of Epcot’s restaurants, as well as Disney’s BoardWalk Resort and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
- Storytellers and Holiday Entertainment – Costumed performers will bring the holiday traditions of their countries to the World Showcase with stories and music, alongside other international entertainment.
- Chip ’n Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Join these mischievous chipmunks as they collect ornaments for their Christmas tree. Guests can purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations, and then travel around the World Showcase to search for the ornaments. A special surprise is in store for those who complete the challenge!
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – This nighttime spectacular features a special holiday finale now through Dec. 30, complete with even more fireworks, special effects, flame torches and more. This is the final holiday season for IllumiNations, as the show is coming to a close at the end of summer 2019.
- Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus – Pose for photos and share your wish lists with Santa and Mrs. Claus at The American Adventure pavilion.
To learn more about this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, head to DisneyWorld.com.
Check out our 4K video of the holiday ending to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth below:
4K Illuminations Holiday Ending at Epcot