A classic car show is coming to Downtown Disney this weekend, but as with most things Disney does, it’s more than a usual car show.
The three-day event (May 13 to 15) called Car Masters Weekend is devoted to all things cars, with activities from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day at Downtown Disney West Side
• Sixty classic cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built, bringing their big-screen “car-acter” counterparts to life for fans to meet face to face. “Agents on a Mission” will showcase Lightning McQueen, pal Mater and master British spy Finn McMissile.
• Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” franchise guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, will judge the Classic Car show, which takes place Saturday and Sunday.
• NASCAR fans can see Richard Petty’s racecar on display inside Ridemakerz.
• The family-friendly weekend will feature special merchandize from the upcoming “Cars 2” movie, including new Ridemakerz models, and bonus entertainment.
• Guests can take part in a variety of “Cars 2”-themed activities, including a video kiosk, e-photo opportunities, games and giveaways. They can also enter the “Agents on a Mission” sweepstakes, which features 18,000 prizes, including a new car.
The “Cars” movie will return to the big screen with a limited engagement viewing at the AMC theatres throughout the weekend. Moviegoers can also catch a glimpse of the new movie trailer from “Cars 2,” which gets the green flag June 24, presented in Disney Digital 3D and IMAX 3D in select theaters.