Busch Gardens Williamsburg celebrates 10 years of Christmas Town
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is commemorating a decade of holiday celebrations with its most festive Christmas Town to date this holiday season.
The annual holiday festivities will begin a week early on Nov. 17 and will run 35 days through Jan. 5, 2019. To celebrate the 10 magical years of the event, Christmas Town will offer more than 10 million lights, an all-new holiday-themed train ride experience, festive food and drink offerings, holiday shopping, and live shows.
“This is one of the most special times of the year for our team to present the park in a whole new light for our guests. Ten million lights to be exact,” said Kevin Lembke, park president for Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. “Christmas Town is truly a place to believe.”
Highlights of the event include:
- Christmas Town Express (New) – The Busch Gardens Railway will offer a new experience this holiday season. Guests can sing along to their favorite Christmas songs as they enjoy the lights and decorations along the park’s train route. The experience will feature caroling, two million Christmas lights and themed holiday vignettes placed along the 1.5-mile tour.
- Wilkommenhaus (New) – Located in the park’s German village, the Wilkommenhaus will transform into a visual holiday spectacle through projection mapping. The smell of Christmas treats from the Cookies & Cocoa Shop will float through the air as virtual gingerbread men help this village come to life. Guests can experience this display nightly, every 15 minutes during Christmas Town.
- Elmo’s Christmas Wish (New) – This new stage show makes its debut at Sesame Street Forest of Fun. Guests can enjoy this holiday show starring Zoe, Rosita, Grover, and Cookie Monster as they help Elmo find his Christmas wish.
- Santa’s Workshop – Kids can meet St. Nick himself at his workshop in the NewKastle building, take photos and share their wish lists.
- Holiday shows – The a cappella show “Gift of Harmony” is back for a second year. Popular shows “Twas That Night,” headlined by former Olympic skater Elvis Stojko; “Deck the Halls,” “Scrooge No More!” and “Gloria!” are also returning, along with the 50-foot Christmas tree light show “O’Tannenbaum” in front of Das Festhaus.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – The classic holiday character is back and joined by his friends Clarice, Yukon Cornelius, Bumble and Sam the Snowman. Guests can meet and have their photos taken with the characters at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland in Holiday Hills, as well as enjoy a multi-sensory retelling of Rudolph’s story at Rudolph’s Movie Experience.
- Sesame Street Forest of Fun – Guests can meet their favorite Sesame Street characters, including Elmo and Cookie Monster, and take fun holiday photos.
- Santa’s Fireside Feast – During this unique dining experience, Santa retells a classic Christmas story as his elves prepare an all-you-can-eat buffet and Mrs. Claus dazzles guests with her holiday cheer. Kids can visit Santa and grab a photo as part of the experience.
Busch Gardens will be open from 2-10 p.m. on most Christmas Town days, and 12-10 p.m. on Saturdays from Nov. 17 – Jan. 5.
To learn more about Christmas Town, visit Christmastown.com/VA.