The holidays will come to life this winter at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay with the return of Christmas Town, featuring new festive fare, holiday shows, and character encounters.
From Nov. 16, 2019 through Jan. 6, 2020, guests can enjoy a variety of holiday entertainment, including:
- “The Most Wonderful Time” – Enjoy this classy Christmas soirée with jazzy piano solos, a live band, and vocal performances.
- The Holiday Sing-Along Train – This season, the park’s steam engine has gotten a holiday makeover with more lights than ever before. Take a ride with the Christmas Conductor for a live sing-along and spread cheer throughout the park.
- “Christmas on Ice” – The longest-running holiday show is back at Busch Gardens Tampa!
- “Elmo’s Christmas Wish” – This song-filled show features holiday tunes with a Sesame Street twist.
- “Christmas From the Heart” – This gospel-inspired celebration features a high-spirited finale.
- “Three Kings Journey” – Watch as this musical tale retells the story of the journey to Bethlehem.
- “Carol of the Bells” – Thousands of Christmas lights will dance across the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant and a multi-story Christmas tree for a choreographed performance of “Carol of the Bells”
This holiday season, guests will also be able to experience the park’s thrill rides, only this time, covered in millions of Christmas lights. The park’s newest addition, Tigris, will feature new light displays for the occasion. Nearby, guests can stroll through the new Luminosity Lane, an immersive light tunnel synchronized to holiday songs.
There will also be plenty of character encounters, including:
- Santa’s House – Meet Mrs. Claus and their jolly elves during a magical visit to Santa’s House
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Clarice, and Bumble – Meet the classic holiday characters at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland
- Merry Mint Lane (NEW) – Get a closer look at penguins and other animal ambassadors at the Animal Care Center. This area’s update includes photo-ops with the new Peppermint Pals, treats and more
- Sugar Plum Princess (NEW) – Joining the Ice Princess and Poinsettia Princess, the new Sugar Plum Princess will greet guests near Sultan’s Sweets candy shop
When it comes to festive fare, there will be plenty of holiday flavors to try, as well as new dining experiences:
- Christmas Town Samplers (NEW) – Stroll from cabin to cabin to try various holiday dishes and drinks, including apple pie, hot toddies, and new pumpkin thrill shakes.
- Breakfast with Elmo & Friends (NEW) – Families can enjoy the holidays and family-friendly eats at Dragon Fire Grill with their favorite Sesame Street friends on select dates in November and December.
- Taste of the Holidays Buffet (NEW) – Take in the view of the Serengeti Plain and Cobra’s Curse as you feast on holiday favorites at the park’s Serengeti Overlook Restaurant. The new buffet menu includes returning favorites like the house-signature fried chicken and pumpkin cheesecake.
To learn more about this year’s holiday event, visit ChristmasTown.com.