Carnival Cruise Line and Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will launch a new kids Space Cruisers program on Carnival Celebration this November.
Part of Camp Ocean’s science and discovery programming, the Space Cruisers program is designed to be as educational as it is fun, with hands-on and one-of-a-kind learning opportunities inspired by NASA science that allow kids to explore the universe by completing “missions” (activities) to earn a themed mission patch.
The Space Cruisers program area of Camp Ocean will also feature an illuminated space wall showcasing the planets of our solar system and a light-up display on the ceiling featuring actual constellations as well as special Carnival-themed constellations like a ship model and the line’s iconic funnel.
“Space Cruisers will truly take our offerings to the next level with the perfect balance of fun and education to give both our younger guests and their families something to be excited about,” said Carnival Cruise Line Director of Youth Experience Melissa Mahaffey. “Kids are always looking to explore new things, and this program gives them the chance to discover many of the awesome aspects of space through fun activities while taking away unique learnings.”
Space Cruisers Program Highlights
- Optimal Orbit (ages two-eight) – Kids will learn about gravity and how planets, satellites, and other objects move through space in a hands-on experience with a giant trampoline.
- Design Your Own Mission Patch (ages six-11) – Kids can join the long-standing tradition among astronauts and design their own take-home mission patch.
- Space Cruisers Rocket Workshop (ages six-11) – Kids will follow in the footsteps of NASA engineers and build their own paper rocket.
- Mars Base Connect (family-friendly) – Learn about the steps to build a Mars base and work with family members to create your own.
- ASTRO! (family-friendly) – A space-themed Bingo game where players call out constellations as they’re displayed on a unique star projector for the chance to win special giveaways.
“Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is where the epic story of the U.S. space program is brought to life through fun and inspirational activities, exhibits, and educational activities,” said Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Chief Operating Officer Therrin Protze. “We’re excited to bring a piece of that experience aboard Carnival Celebration for the Space Cruisers program.”
The Space Cruisers program will debut on Carnival Celebration when it sets sail on its inaugural voyage from the redesigned state-of-the-art Terminal F at Port Miami this November, and will launch on the Carnival Mardi Gras from Port Canaveral in time for the holiday season. Various activities from the program will go fleetwide in time for spring break.
Click here for more information.