The Disney Festival of Holidays is back this week at Disney California Adventure, ready to enchant guests with the sights, sounds, and tastes of this diverse holiday season.
The Festival of Holidays is a celebration of the season inspired by the cultural festivities and traditions of Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day. This seasonal celebration kicks off on Nov. 9 and runs through Jan. 8, 2019.
Guests can find something for everyone around every corner, from delicious eats at 12 marketplace locations, to craft-making and the universal languages of music and dance. Younger guests can take part in games, cookie decorating, face painting and crafts that will introduce them to these holiday traditions.
The daily lineup of entertainment will include special performers that range from an a cappella group with soul to a dance company that brings a fun dance party for everyone to participate in.
Festive Foods Marketplace
The Festive Foods Marketplace will feature a variety of season’s eatings and comfort dishes across many cultures and traditions at 12 locations throughout Disney California Adventure. Guests can try brand-new items like the Lox & Everything Bagel Nachos, or enjoy returning favorites like the Roasted Turkey Slider with Cranberry Sauce.
For an extra bit of fun, guests can pick up a Disney Festival of Holidays Tasting Passport at any of the Festive Foods Marketplace kiosks and receive stamps as they eat their way through the many unique offerings. Guests who collect all the marketplace stamps will receive a special completion stamp to commemorate their accomplishment.
For guests looking for a little more bite for their buck, a Sip and Savor Pass is available to purchase. This sampling pass gives guests the chance to try eight food or non-alcoholic beverage items from participating Festive Food Marketplaces.
The kiosk names and menu items include:
- Brews & Bites – Chorizo queso fundido with house-made tortilla chips, beer flights, and beer by the glass
- Favorite Things – Holiday ham shanks with brown sugar-pineapple glaze, Reuben potato tots with Russian dressing and rye toast, cranberry sangria with lime garnish, eggnog cocktail with whipped cream and nutmeg dusting
- Holiday Duets – Shrimp and grits with Andouille sausage, holiday Mickey and Minnie cookies, curry cauliflower soup with braised lamb and mintchurri, warm peppermint chocolate float
- Making Spirits Bright – Mimosa flight, white and red wine flights, sparkling wine
- Vision of Sugarplums – White chocolate cranberry blondie, eggnog wreath éclair with white chocolate icing, warm sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce, horchata fudge, warm Bourbon cider with house-made Bourbon-infused whipped cream, s’mores frozen chocolate milk
- Merry Mashups – Turkey and stuffing tamale with cranberry relish, lox & everything bagel nachos, holiday punch with lime sherbet and sprite, “hot cocoa” marshmallow macaroon, sparkling wine punch
- Winter Wonders – Pumpkin soup with maple cashew cream, chana masala with grilled garlic naan, vanilla & cranberry trifle, pomegranate lemonade (non-alcoholic)
- Blissfully Braised – Braised pork belly adobo with garlic fried rice, cornbread cakes with braised collard green sand smoked bacon gravy, blood orange ginger mule
- Grandma’s Recipes – Candied yams with marshmallow cream and toasted pecans, beef pot roast on a potato roll with horseradish cream, gingerbread Mickey
- Winter Sliderland – Roasted turkey slider with cranberry sauce, milk chocolate candy cane pot de crème, holiday stuffing mac & cheese, frosty frosé
- Spicy Celebrations – Nashville hot fried turkey with dill pickles, jalapeño latkes with chipotle crema featuring Horizon organic sour cream, pomegranate margarita with chipotle-smoked sea salt half-rim
- A Twist on Tradition – Black Forest yule log, “chicken-less” mole with Spanish rice, pozole rojo beef with hominy polenta, winter michelada with Modelo Negra and brown sugar rim
In addition to these 12 marketplaces, Paradise Garden Grill will offer seasonal specials for Disney ¡Viva Navidad!, including the vegan chile relleno, street-style tacos, chicken mole, and red sangria.
Festival of Holidays Entertainment
Guests will have the chance to check out a variety of entertainment and performers during this year’s Festival of Holidays, including:
- Grammy Award-winning Mariachi Divas at the Pacific Wharf
- Mostly Kosher at Sonoma Terrace
- Blue13 Dance Company at Paradise Gardens Park
- The Sound at Pacific Wharf and Paradise Gardens Park
- Holiday Toy Drummers at the Obelisk
To learn more about Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure, head to Disneyalnd.com.