UPDATE – 04/24/19: We now have official travel times for the Disney Skyliner’s routes throughout Walt Disney World. Check them out below:
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 5-6 minutes
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: under 6 minutes
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Riviera Resort: about 5 minutes
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: approximately 15 minutes
- Disney’s Riviera Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: approximately 9 minutes
Recently, Disney shared new details about this new transportation system, which will offer great views as it travels between Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and four Disney resort hotels.
Each cabin can accommodate up to 10 guests, including those traveling with wheelchairs or other assistive devices.
Since the system is constantly in motion, guests will arrive at their destination in minutes as they ride in cabins specifically designed for the Florida climate.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, there will be 22 Disney character themes for the Skyliner, and eight color options for the cabins. The gondolas will operate on more than six miles of cable lines, traveling at about 11 miles per hour. The typical ride time will last from 5-15 minutes.
Check out the video below for a look inside a Disney Skyliner cabin, as well as some insight from Walt Disney World’s senior vice president Thomas Mazloum and Walt Disney Imagineering principal architect Dean Huspen: