It’s easy to get in your steps during a Disneyland vacation, but new group fitness classes offer Disneyland Resort hotel guests a fun way to kick off a day in the parks – including an in-park boot camp workout in Disney California Adventure Park.
The new classes from Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand California Hotel & Spa are available to overnight guests staying at any of the three Disneyland Resort hotels, and according to Tenaya Stone Spa’s lead fitness instructor Shinobu Tygi, classes are designed for any skill level.
“Many of these fitness classes take place in one-of-a-kind settings you won’t find anywhere else in the world […] illustrating a distinctively Disney experience,” wrote Disneyland Resort Public Relations Manager Valerie Lee in the Disney Parks Blog. “Take a yoga class with scenic views of Disney California Adventure […] test yourself on an obstacle challenge at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, get in gear at a boot camp in Disney California Adventure Park, or find yourself on a paddleboard in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa’s Fountain Pool.”
Here are some of the 15 group fitness classes offered through Tenaya Stone Spa and the fitness center at Disney’s Grand California Hotel & Spa:
- Aqua Yoga (30 minutes) – Practice yoga on a paddleboard while floating in the Fountain Pool (guests should be comfortable in the water).
- Awakening Yoga (45 minutes) – Start your Disney day with a yoga session overlooking California Adventure from the Grand Californian’s rooftop deck (this class incorporates various types of yoga and is designed for all skill levels).
- Boot Camp in Disney California Adventure Park (45 minutes) – This high-intensity in-park boot camp maintains a 12-minute per mile pace while jogging around the park before it opens. Expect push-ups, squats, sit-ups, and according to Tygi, maybe even jumping jacks in Avengers Campus.
- Disney Ears Yoga (45 minutes) – Add a little Disney magic to your morning yoga session while wearing your favorite pair of Disney ears.
- Fascia Release (45 minutes) – This class incorporates a fascia roller to relieve muscle tightness and soreness in preparation for the busy park day ahead.
- Obstacle Challenge in Disney California Adventure Park (45 minutes) – This class takes place at California Adventure’s Redwood Creek Challenge Trail attraction before the park opens, where participants will crawl, jump, climb, and run through obstacles while also testing their strength and balance.
- Power Walking Workout in Disney California Adventure Park (60 minutes) – Get a jump on the day with an energetic walk and active stretching throughout California Adventure before it opens. This class maintains a 15- to 18-minute pace for up to two miles.
- Sound Meditation (45 minutes) – This guided meditation is designed to quiet your mind and bring you into a deep state of self-reflection.
- Start With a Stretch (45 minutes) – Instructors will guide participants through gentle stretches to warm up the muscles. This class takes place before the park opens.
In addition to group fitness classes, Disneyland Resort Hotel guests aged 14 and older can work out in any of three complimentary hotel fitness centers. Guests ages 14 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
Group fitness classes are available for an additional fee to overnight Disneyland Resort hotel guests age 18 and older ($25 or $30 per person depending on the class). Guests ages 14 to 17 may participate if the minor’s parent/guardian consents in writing and accompanies the minor during the class.