What is being billed as “Central Florida’s Premier Chocolate Tasting and Shopping Event” takes place this weekend at The Florida Hotel, at the Florida Mall. In the name of journalism, I’m going to attend, take some pictures and taste some chocolate for those who can’t make it. 😉
The Festival of Chocolate is set to feature:
- Tastings and Sales of gourmet chocolate, cookies, brownies, cakes, cupcakes, chocolate drinks and more.
- A “Kids-4-Chocolate” creative workshop area with creative chocolate crafts.
- Demonstrations by award-winning pastry chefs.
- An educational chocolate museum featuring chocolate production, the history of chocolate, chocolate trends, chocolate and health, etc.
- A “Best of” chocolate indulgence competition awarding the best of the best in seven chocolate categories.
- A chocolate decadence raffle drawing featuring many gourmet chocolate creations from local businesses. (complimentary with ticket purchase)
- “The Festival of Chocolate” store with unusual chocolate-themed items.
The festival hours are:
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 7
Noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, March 8
Tickets are $10. Children 10 and under are free.
Each Adult Ticket receives two complimentary “Chocolate Chips” to spend in the show. Each “Chocolate Chip” has a $1 value. Vendor tastes are $1 to $5 each. Tickets bought in advance online receive an extra two chips.
For more information, visit festivalofchocolate.com.
EDIT: The hours on Sunday are noon to 6 p.m.